This...ya gotta see.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This...ya gotta see.

Never seen anyone crash at the drags before actually making it to the starting line.

That which you manifest is before you.

Ouch, hope he's got a good bank account as insurance does not cover stuff at the track. Street tires? Well, while i hate to see any car let alone a newer vette crash, I'm guessing total inexperience is the cause.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Yup!....that's gonna leave a mark .... on his wallet!
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

At least it wasn't an older c3 or c2 vette.

Comment

The guy in the red safety suit that walked in front of the Vette after the crash was either very brave or.....
          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
            Ouch, hope he's got a good bank account as insurance does not cover stuff at the track. Street tires? Well, while i hate to see any car let alone a newer vette crash, I'm guessing total inexperience is the cause.
            He'll just tell them that his wife hit a post in the parking lot of the super market.
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
              The guy in the red safety suit that walked in front of the Vette after the crash was either very brave or.....
              hes the starter at that track, ive been there a few times, its west of houston by bout a hour
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                hes the starter at that track, ive been there a few times, its west of houston by bout a hour
                OK, well I'm sure he knew what he was doing then but I still wouldn't have wanted to walk in front of that guy after seeing that amazing display of driving skills!
                Last edited by Grumpy; June 22, 2012, 09:50 PM.
                sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Well a burnout is harmless, everyone has done it a billion times... except this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                    Well a burnout is harmless, everyone has done it a billion times... except this guy.
                    Is this what happens when you try a burnout with the traction control and stability control still on?
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

That's one of those, "I hope nobody saw me do that" moments. Unfortunately, everybody did. AND it's filmed and posted.

Ya gotta love/hate the availability of video these days...there's no escape. Dude's now thinking, "Why me?" Well, dude, because it's you, and you did it!
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        Is this what happens when you try a burnout with the traction control and stability control still on?
                        I have no idea, because I have never owned or driven a car with those. I feel for the guy, but the learning process isnt always easy or cheap.

Back in Hastings Ne, one of the city cops decided to get an old Nova and come play with us street rats at the track. He let his 18 year old kid drive it at the track one day. Kid spun hard out of the hole because he did a burnout in the water with street tires, and got completely sideways, then ended up smacking the wall just past the 60ft lights. Didnt bend it enough to make it undriveable, but it ended their racing for a while. Kid had to learn the hard way, and its a good thing he didnt do that on our deserted two lane because the ditches are rather deep and he could have rolled it real easy. He was full throttle almost until he hit the wall, its a good thing it was only a 15 second ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          First paragraph, Brian says "traction control off"

I think..traction control is supposed to prevent that from happening...
                          Have it on my wife's DD Buick FWD and it feels weird when it works.. But then...what do I know... FWD is something I drive to the gas station..

Comment

First day with the new Vette? That only thing that would have been funnier is if the air bag deployed.
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

funny - dulcich gets his tiddy whities all in a bunch over people ragging on a hack-job; but is dead silent about this stuff. This guy is total newb at the track, but rather then anyone there helping him or instruct him they say "let's video tape it and share his embarassment with the rest of the world." The driving low-profile tires through the water box is a dead giveaway that this guy probably could use a pointer or two.... but no, he gets himself embarassed by every e-rag out there. Nice.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X