This just in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just in

A minor facelift makes big difference. I lowered the rear 1 1/2" (more later after some major work) and paint the wheels gold (red wheels suck)
    Attached Files
    STUGOTS

Nice changes. Little things add up.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I think it's a toss up, I like both of them?
      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Pretty little truck. I actually like the red wheels but the gold is good too. Details about the truck? Engine, trans, brakes, etc. I'd love to go cruising in it.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Pretty little truck. I actually like the red wheels but the gold is good too. Details about the truck? Engine, trans, brakes, etc. I'd love to go cruising in it.

Dan
          Around here red wheels, polished Torque Thrusts and Rally wheels represent 80% of all the wheels on cars on interest. It's so often done that it's boring. I wanted those wheels to not be red so badly that I spent 3 hours in the hot Sun in a black T-shirt yesterday with no regrets. They're now a bright gold which looks really good in person. For some reason the gold doesn't photograph as "true" as the red. But, in person it looks great
          Last edited by groucho; June 24, 2012, 06:17 AM.
          STUGOTS

Comment

I just dont understand the lowering part. Just need help understanding why so many people do it. See muscle cars, I want to see that big fat 60 rubber back there, not the top of the rim tucked behind the wheel opening. Is it for ride, or comfort? Seems the suspension is at its bottoming out point quicker and would need to be stiffer than if you had an extra inch and a half of play.

Nothing against the truck, its a beauty, just thought I would ask about the lowering.

Comment

Around here red wheels, polished Torque Thrusts and Rally wheels represent 80% of all the wheels on cars on interest. It's so often done that it's boring.
              Understandable. Red does looks good, but is way overdone (and not just on steel wheels).
              I might have gone with metallic purple, but that's just me.
              +1 on the new stance.
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Really nice ! Thats a great truck there.

Comment

Gold wheels are soo 1964

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
                    I just dont understand the lowering part.
                    I think if he had taken the pictures with better lighting, you'd be able to see that the rear fender was way higher than the tire. The drop makes it look right.

If it were as low as he wants it, then yeah, I'd agree that it's too much.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

IMO its a world of difference between the two pics, im diggin the new look
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Groucho, what paint is the gold on those wheels? Is it out of a gun or spray bomb?

Got a set of 14" torque thrusts for my '66 Mustang I'm thinking of going gold on the spokes.
                        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by cantvalve16 View Post
                          Groucho, what paint is the gold on those wheels? Is it out of a gun or spray bomb?

Got a set of 14" torque thrusts for my '66 Mustang I'm thinking of going gold on the spokes.
                          It was cheap spray bomb stuff from True Value Hardware. Looks much better in person and covered really well. I applaud your idea on the Torque Thrusts. It's another over done wheel around here. So, to change the spoke color is a big step towards being unique. Another choice for your spokes might be a cast iron paint (some call it rebuilders cast). I've seen the right shade of that look pretty nice on TT's.
                          STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
                            I just dont understand the lowering part. Just need help understanding why so many people do it. See muscle cars, I want to see that big fat 60 rubber back there, not the top of the rim tucked behind the wheel opening. Is it for ride, or comfort? Seems the suspension is at its bottoming out point quicker and would need to be stiffer than if you had an extra inch and a half of play.

Nothing against the truck, its a beauty, just thought I would ask about the lowering.
                            Look again at the 2 pics. In the 1st pic there's a huge, unnecessary gap above the rear tire to the fender lip (that looks like shit to me), and an over exaggerated rake. In the 2nd pic the gap is a little less obvious as is the rake. 1st pic looks like a sting bug stance as we call it. BTW, it rides the same as it did exactly.
                            STUGOTS

Comment

I like the truck both ways. But, I have to agree with you about overdone wheels. The truck looks great. What's under it's hood?
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X