Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bright sunshine, good visibility yet 19 cars crashed into each other.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright sunshine, good visibility yet 19 cars crashed into each other.

This happened north of LA in the high desert on I-14 this morning. You can see the front of a Chevy pickup or Suburban sticking out of the pile to the right. They said there is another car under that pile. 17 injured, 2 critical.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Sucks to be them, however, I'm totally impressed by their speeds; when there are 19 cars (on a mythical sunny day) on the entirety I-5 in Seattle they'd all be driving 10 mph.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 26, 2012, 02:57 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      Sucks to be them, however, I'm totally impressed by their speeds; when there are 19 cars (on a mythical sunny day) on the entirety I-5 in Seattle they'd all be driving 10 mph.
      And bouncing like basketballs!
      That stretch has to be the roughest freeway I ever been on!

Comment

I'm never surprised when there's a pileup on the 14, and it's either Agua Dulce or Acton. I drove that stretch twice a month for two years and at least once a week there's a fatal wreck through there. From what I've been able to figure by watching the news the CHP ran a traffic brake to pick up some debris and the guy driving the truck couldn't stop since that whole section is a 5% downgrade.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
          I'm never surprised when there's a pileup on the 14, and it's either Agua Dulce or Acton. I drove that stretch twice a month for two years and at least once a week there's a fatal wreck through there. From what I've been able to figure by watching the news the CHP ran a traffic brake to pick up some debris and the guy driving the truck couldn't stop since that whole section is a 5% downgrade.
          nice to know people died so a CHP could waddle his donut laden adz to pick up a can in the middle of the freeway
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It was most likely someone's bedroom set who thought a single piece of twine would hold in their pos truck while doing 80 mph. The last weekend of the month LA's freeways become FreewayFurniture.com.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

19 people on their Iphone at the same time
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
              X