Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand Loyalty ???? Really?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brand Loyalty ???? Really?

    So here's a quick question that might turn into a nightmare.... but I've just got to ask it....

    Is your car hobby married to a Brand.... in other words are you Brand specific and all other brands are inferior or at best second rate?

    If you watch Nascar.... do you quit watching the race when your guy falls out??? or do you root for everyone?

    Just curious..... Do try and be polite to one another... ( SCOTT... this means YOU.... and YOU too Alex.... LOL... ) ( Smile guys... just means I love ya... )

  • #2
    Not specifically brand loyal, but I have really not ever thought much of GM products. Therefore I tend to root for whomever the 'other' brand may be. haha
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ix-to-4sixzero
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

    Comment


    • #3
      Fords are too reliable, I like working on old cars, so I have chevys.

      And I have to keep my wife's mopar crap running too.

      But I like how everyone has different tastes, it sure makes life more interesting.
      My fabulous web page

      "If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

      Comment


      • #4
        I love GM. Specifically Chevy.
        I think its strange they say horsepower sells cars but torque wins races yet Oldsmobile claims 500lbs of torque from a 455 big block yet a 350 Chevy with 300 horse will smoke them??? Yet Oldsmobile is my 2nd favorite, just making a point.
        I always said the aftermarket market was made for the 69 Chevy small block Camaro and then everything else follows.
        Mopar is the only cars I know you can paint purple, run only 14X6 black rims and paste cartoon stickers all over them and its so desirable that people will take out a second mortgage to own.

        I don't like Ford at all, I will not look at them at shows.

        Comment


        • #5
          It is Chevy all the way for me!!!!!!

          There's a reason this is mounted above my desk.....


          And yes the LESS motor is the GREATEST MOTOR of ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!

          Though for a HardCore Chevy guy I do have a soft spot for ONE Ford, Turbo Coupe's were cool.........

          Dodge/Chrysler I piss on your grave.......

          Oh ya and

          Was that good enough for ya Keith??....
          Last edited by TC; June 26, 2012, 04:17 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by skullbucket View Post
            I love GM. Specifically Chevy.
            I think its strange they say horsepower sells cars but torque wins races yet Oldsmobile claims 500lbs of torque from a 455 big block yet a 350 Chevy with 300 horse will smoke them??? Yet Oldsmobile is my 2nd favorite, just making a point.
            I always said the aftermarket market was made for the 69 Chevy small block Camaro and then everything else follows.
            Mopar is the only cars I know you can paint purple, run only 14X6 black rims and paste cartoon stickers all over them and its so desirable that people will take out a second mortgage to own.

            I don't like Ford at all, I will not look at them at shows.
            What if I told you it isn't how much HP the motor makes but it's about how much Torque hits the rear wheels.......... Gearing can make or break an engine........

            Comment


            • #7
              My loyalty to brands is really more a function of who would stand still and answer my questions when I was a punk kid hanging around various garages, commercial or otherwise. I learned more in those places, so I guess I associate my loyalty with those more than most.

              Ford, Yamaha, Correct Craft, Evinrude, SkiDoo.

              However, I gotta say that I've got a soft spot for more than one example from just about every major brand.

              Just lucky, I guess.
              "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

              Comment


              • #8
                I was born into a die-hard GM family. I was taught that people that drive Fords are a little off and Chrysler people are just sick in the head. And furthermore, anyone who drives a foreign car should be arrested for treason. Like a few other things, I'm over that kind of thinking and would like to try a few other makes on for size.

                I don't own any old cars other than Chevies, but I'm kind of stuck with what I have because the Chevelle is the car I came home from the hospital and the Monte was my brother's car until he died in a crash (in a Mustang). My wife rolls in a Mazda 6, her choice of a car. Our next family truckster is to be a turbo Flex.

                I have no brand allegiance in NASCAR. Why pledge allegiance to the sticker of the universal state of Nascar?
                The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ford and Studebaker all the way, baby!
                  Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by studemax View Post
                    Ford and Studebaker all the way, baby!
                    But some Studes came with 283 chevys... (Larks)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ive got 2 fords, 1 gmc, 1 oldsmobile, 1 chevy in my drive way - brand loyalty - pppppppppppppffffffttttttttttttt
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by PatricksDad View Post
                        My loyalty to brands is really more a function of who would stand still and answer my questions when I was a punk kid hanging around various garages, commercial or otherwise. I learned more in those places, so I guess I associate my loyalty with those more than most.

                        Ford, Yamaha, Correct Craft, Evinrude, SkiDoo.

                        However, I gotta say that I've got a soft spot for more than one example from just about every major brand.

                        Just lucky, I guess.
                        same for me.
                        it goes with education.
                        depending on goal for a car may be a good reason to keep loyal. my grandparents did a ford routine for so long a phone call had a new car.(it may have been 60 years)

                        As american went diverse, I hated the midgety stuff getting around to any brand.

                        Travelling overseas was my eye opener. Making smaller be casually bigger ended up my goal.

                        I'd just assume drive any non big block by any make forever.

                        the brand loyalty kill is halting suppor after never giving it.

                        I won't be doing a little subaru boxer again for example. Give it some museum, walk away.
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; June 26, 2012, 05:00 PM.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          AMC's & Jeeps here.
                          Chevy good makes S-10's.
                          Holdens are cool.
                          Tired of A, F, G, H, X... body GM's.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by KeithTurk View Post
                            So here's a quick question that might turn into a nightmare.... but I've just got to ask it....

                            Is your car hobby married to a Brand.... in other words are you Brand specific and all other brands are inferior or at best second rate?

                            If you watch Nascar.... do you quit watching the race when your guy falls out??? or do you root for everyone?

                            Just curious..... Do try and be polite to one another... ( SCOTT... this means YOU.... and YOU too Alex.... LOL... ) ( Smile guys... just means I love ya... )
                            I prefer GM cars for me to own, but I really like a lot of others to look at (and own a few). I don't claim GM makes a more solid car because I like them. I like them because they build a tighter car. I love the color and cool shit on Mopar Muscle cars, but feel they're poorly built. Just close the door on one. Most need a good slamming and repairing/adjusting always seems to be a very temporary fix. In fact, I'm a big fan of ALL Muscle Cars. They ALL had some "cool" factor! Instrument clusters on older Fords can't compare with GM's. The dash on a beautiful 60 Starliner looks like that from a Falcon. Terrible. As far as NASCAR....my favorite is the winner of a race as that team excelled in every aspect needed for those very competitive races. I remember around 8-9 yrs ago 2 cars banging down the last turn towards the finish. VERY EXCITING!!! I was off the couch yelling like I was there
                            Last edited by groucho; June 26, 2012, 05:20 PM.
                            STUGOTS

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
                              I was born into a die-hard GM family. I was taught that people that drive Fords are a little off and Chrysler people are just sick in the head. And furthermore, anyone who drives a foreign car should be arrested for treason. Like a few other things, I'm over that kind of thinking and would like to try a few other makes on for size.

                              I don't own any old cars other than Chevies, but I'm kind of stuck with what I have because the Chevelle is the car I came home from the hospital and the Monte was my brother's car until he died in a crash (in a Mustang). My wife rolls in a Mazda 6, her choice of a car. Our next family truckster is to be a turbo Flex.

                              I have no brand allegiance in NASCAR. Why pledge allegiance to the sticker of the universal state of Nascar?
                              I might be wrong, but isnt the car in your sig running a y-block?
                              Anyway, I like Fords. Everyone "likes" Chivvies. Other GM stuff is cool, though. Like Chryslers, too.
                              Originally posted by A/Fuel
                              I have a set of super pants, they work great!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X