No announcement yet.

Brand Loyalty ???? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But some Studes came with 283 chevys... (Larks)
    Yes, the Canadian made Studebakers in late 64 to early 66 had McKinnon built Chevy-type engines in them, and not just Larks.
    My 66 Wagonaire had a 283 McKinnon under the hood (that said Studebaker on it).
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

NASCAR has cars made by one of the big 3? who knew?

I like GM cars, to me is a financial reason - it costs me far less to build GM cars because I have skads of GM parts...

However, at my house I have a Corvette (sorry, Ron, didn't realize I needed to dislike you), a Fiat, a Buick Skylark, a Buick Sedanet, a Holden err Pontiac GTO, and a Chevrolet truck. Again, it's out of convenience, I used to be brand loyal, now I only hate one brand - Toyota - because they currently make the crappiest cars out there.

Oh yeah, and the last Toyota I owned makes my trials with the GTO seem like a walk in the park (a Tacoma for those who are curious)
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        With the exception of Yugo I pretty much never met a car I didn't like. Right now we have the HHR, the Mighty Dodge/Cummins, Mom's Celebrity, the Buzz Bomb Camaro, and the Mustang. So all of the former Big Three. I've had and been happy with Toyotas, Fiats, my Fleetwood - the list goes on. I really don't get why someone has to have a brand - or a sports team.

I'm not wild about the Chinese scooter but it does what I need doing - exercising the Boy.

Dan
        is it wrong that i would buy a yugo lol

also interesting fact the yugo is banned form crossing the mackinac bridge in michigan do to being to light as some one almost died during a wind strom in one when the wind almost blew it off the bridge
        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I own a Ford, a Chevy, and work for Chrysler. If it has wheels, I can usually get into it.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            To quote a wise man...if it has tits or tires I dig it....or something like that...

I like what I like with no rhyme or reason...
            Yeah. What he said.

I'd all kinds of different stuff from all kinds of brands if it was in the budget. For some, hating another car brand is like those guys who tattoo their teams on themselves and pick fights with people wearing the rival team colors.

As Nascar, there were cars from all the brands that I liked over the years when the cars were actual built from Stock Cars. Like some others have said, cheering a car make on the track now is a joke. I find myself cheering for the drivers I've met and driven. Waltrip, Earnhardt Jr., Newman, since all them were cool, except for Michael Waltrip's constant singing.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Interesting that DG hasn't posted, but I'm thinking his loyalty lands somewhere in the rice fields along the lines of this..........

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                Interesting that DG hasn't posted, but I'm thinking his loyalty lands somewhere in the rice fields along the lines of this..........
                That's a whole bundle of wrong wrapped up in one small package.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                  To quote a wise man...if it has tits or tires I dig it....or something like that...

I like what I like with no rhyme or reason...

Yea I have gotten a whole lot less picky about the tires part and a whole lot more picky about the tit part.

Steve
                  Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Heck that doesn't look like a "poser mobile" it looks 100% what it is(*&^$#&^T*.

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                      That's a whole bundle of wrong wrapped up in one small package.
                      That is some funny shit right there. Obvious joke is obvious...

It should be obvious what I like, everyone knows and I am quite vocal about it. Chevy makes a nice truck engine that responds well to aftermarket parts, but throw the aftermarket at any engine and it will do better. Fords are ok as long as the car is very light or it has a Cleveland in it. Mopar, well they are just nuts but the cars are interesting. Im not a fan of Honda at all, but like a chevy they respond well to throwing parts at them.

I like 300hp gen I 350 chevys, people think they are fast. Its fun to sandbag them and only beat them by half a car to a length. Anyone who thinks an LS1 is only 300hp is fooling themselves, mine put down 300hp at the wheels stone stock. They are more Pontiac and Buick than chevy anyway, with a little Ford in there too. I do like those engines, but they arent pure chevy by any stretch. If I build a modern car/truck, it will have an LSx in it. If its old GM then it gets a blue engine, Fords get Clevelands.

The blue engines are my thing though, and I know how to make them run real hard with mostly stock parts, especially stock heads. Like this one, line up any 300hp 350 and see what happens.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Thumpin455; June 27, 2012, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                        That is some funny shit right there. Obvious joke is obvious...
                        The backwards tach on the hood was kinda a giveaway.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Indeed, and its fun to laugh along with them. If I ever got a car like that dirt cheap, I might just tack a whole mess of cheap or home made shit on it like that. Park it in my driveway with $60k price on it and laugh at people who think I am serious.

Comment

I come from a small Southern town in Missouri.......back in the '50's & '60's we had
                            a Ford, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, & Plymouth dealership.

Most all back then were brand specific.

I spent my first night out on the town (after getting my driver's license) in a '63 Rambler
                            station wagon.......yeah a real chick magnet.
                            My grandparents were AMC people.

My first car was a '56 Ford Fairlane........292 ci and Foxcraft shifter on the floor.

I gravitated towards Chevy's and always liked the W engines.
                            Hence that's where I'm at today............but I like 'em all especially all the old iron.

I'd take a 62 Catalina in a heart beat.
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I heard a saying a long time ago and it fits what I think perfictly. Hemi's are professional racing engines, and Chevy's are hobby engines.
                              Now, if I was out at 3am looking for trouble, I'd want a n20 small block camaro. If it was a Saturday afternoon I'd have to have a big block '70 chevelle. If I was out on a date, a 455sd trans am, or if I was driving to the track with a set of slicks in the trunk I'd want a 440-6pack Road Runner....taking the family on a cross-country trip...I think a ram-air '70 GTO would be cool (my wife would probably disagree) So, I guess for me it would depend on what I want to do.
                              Originally posted by TC
                              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                                Why would you post something like that? Just to start shit, right? Why do you care what he likes? Thanks for wasting my morning...

Comment

Working...
                                X