No announcement yet.

Brand Loyalty ???? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pretty much a Ford guy, never owned anything else...until I met my wife and her 65 Dodge! I love and appreciate all makes though. In fact, I am sitting here trying to think of something automotive I don't like and the only thing I can come up with are diesels...No interest AT ALL! Unless it's towing a race car...

As for NASCAR, the modern drivers mean nothing to me but I dig the cars, amazing perfomance and endurance outta those things.
    Time Wasters...
    http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
      Sorry, You do have the coolest fleet of FWD vehicles that I know of, not to mention they are / will be / could be faster than my junk.

The mazda mp5 I had was my first fwd vehicle it was not all bad it handled pretty good normally got upper 20's mpg, and could keep up with traffic pretty good. Putting a timing belt in it was a huge PITA, the motor burned oil on start up. When the tires needed replacing I could not see myself replacing them I hated having that much money in a car going down in value that burned oil so I sold it. I picked up a saturn sl1, it get 35-40 mpg but handles like crap and acceleration is measured in minutes not second, but it was cheap, has a timing chain not a belt, had new tires, and gets great milage. The only thing that I know of that FWD does better than RWD is driving in the snow. It does not snow that much in NC and I have a 4wd truck.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

While I like old Mopars, I've also got a 1972 Chevy pickup and a 1997 BMW, all of which I've done at least a little wrenchnig on.
        Last edited by Matt Cramer; June 27, 2012, 07:03 AM.

Comment

I like Coor's Light, out of the can, in a cooler on ice.
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
            I like Coor's Light, out of the can, in a cooler on ice.
            The beer I like we cant get in the states. Beer here is like sex in a canoe.

Comment

Todd - you gotta try some of the micro brews, there's plenty from our great lake state - but I'm not sure what is for sale local to you, there's lots of good ones out of the cheese state too.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                Indeed, and its fun to laugh along with them. If I ever got a car like that dirt cheap, I might just tack a whole mess of cheap or home made shit on it like that. Park it in my driveway with $60k price on it and laugh at people who think I am serious.
                where i live some one would proably pay that price fo it
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Velveta Shells and Cheese over Kraft but Kraft over any other brand.

Heinz Ketchup only

Coke over Pepsi

Angel Soft over any other brand of butt wipe

Sweet Baby Rays over any other BBQ sauce except my own

Mopar over Ford, Ford over Chevy, Chevy over AMC, AMC over anything else...
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    Sorry, You do have the coolest fleet of FWD vehicles that I know of, not to mention they are / will be / could be faster than my junk.

The mazda mp5 I had was my first fwd vehicle it was not all bad it handled pretty good normally got upper 20's mpg, and could keep up with traffic pretty good. Putting a timing belt in it was a huge PITA, the motor burned oil on start up. When the tires needed replacing I could not see myself replacing them I hated having that much money in a car going down in value that burned oil so I sold it. I picked up a saturn sl1, it get 35-40 mpg but handles like crap and acceleration is measured in minutes not second, but it was cheap, has a timing chain not a belt, had new tires, and gets great milage. The only thing that I know of that FWD does better than RWD is driving in the snow. It does not snow that much in NC and I have a 4wd truck.
                    i know what you mean about timing belts lol the lebaron is not that bad but the room you have to work with is not great.

for what it is the GM w-bodies are actualy decent handling and surprisingly quick for there time. in 1996 all the car review mags just loved the GTP and GT grand prixs actualy comparing them with BMWs of the time. (not sure what that tells you of BMWs of the time or not lol). back in 96 and 97 posting a 14.7 1/4 mile and 6.2 0-60 was pretty impressive for a production car a Mustang GT could not even do that untill the 3v came out in 2005
                    Last edited by Mater; June 27, 2012, 07:51 AM.
                    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                      Angel Soft over any other brand
                      Nailed it Joe. Absolutely.

And Yuengling. Any of their varieties. Good brew, and American to boot.
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I like John Wayne toilet paper. Its rough and tough, wont take shit off anyone.

There have been a couple beers I can stand here, Sam Adams is ok but its like a light beer to me. Yuengling is really mild, but better than what most people seem to drink here. The stuff I had in Germany and Belgium will grow hair on your chest just so if can burn it off. Two bottles and you really shouldnt drive, mostly because walking is a challenge. I miss the micro brews near Frankfurt.

Comment

oldest brewery in the country correct Stiney? I had Rhonda pick up a case of that last time she was in Ohio.... haven't found it in Michigan yet.

I enjoy a variety of cars, and beers, been liking Linenkugel summer shanty lately, as well as yeungling, heineken, labatt's blue light, and I might even get some Oldstyle next time we're in Chicago.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                            Chevy makes a nice truck engine that responds well to aftermarket parts

The blue engines are my thing though, and I know how to make them run real hard with mostly stock parts, especially stock heads. Like this one, line up any 300hp 350 and see what happens.
                            I guess you don't realize that Chevy made two series of engines, they had a small one which is ok, but in stock form it can't compete with the larger displacement Ponchos. Chevy also made a large engine, and with the right stock parts it does ok.
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

When I was growing up my dad always drove Fords, so I naturally gravitated to FoMoCo products. Always rooted for the Fords at the drags, Nascar, whaever. But, I've owned a few other brands in my lifetime (I admit at one time back in the 70's I drove an MG as my daily.. not a good experience). I even owned an Avanti for a while. Cool car. Currently I have a Jeep, Caprice, 65 Mustang, 57 Ford, and now a 69 Pontiac. So, while I like Fords the most, I like all brands as well. I would like to own an early 60's Mopar someday.
                              I lost interest in Nascar a long time ago, for me it was always about the cars and nowdays there's nothing special about the cars. They're just a tool for the hero driver to use.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                                I guess you don't realize that Chevy made two series of engines, they had a small one which is ok, but in stock form it can't compete with the larger displacement Ponchos. Chevy also made a large engine, and with the right stock parts it does ok.
                                I haz one of those larger engines, its a nice truck engine if you dont mind the really bad gas mileage. Wait, I have three of them, but only one runs right now. Sure the rectangle port 427s and 454s run pretty well, but its easy to keep up with them with a D port head and the right parts. D ports are like oval port rats as far as numbers, round ports are like L88 stuff. Now the rat can be made to run quite well, and some of them were awesome in stock form, but they are quite similar to the D port Pontiacs when you talk about garden variety stuff. I like the rat, until you have to feed it or pay for parts, they cost a bit more than my blue engines do.

Thinking of swapping that 454 for a 6.0L in the 76 C10. More power, less fuel, lighter, and costs about the same as making the rat get 15mpg. Honestly though, I do like the 454s, especially with a 4.25" crank like my 455s came with.

Comment

Working...
                                X