• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New

Just wanted to say hello.

Re: New

Hello,
    But how about a little more? Like some pics of the Nova. I always like to see what my X-body should look like.

Comment

Pic is right at the bottom of the page. It's a prostreet 1972 nova with a 502 crate short block with eddy alum heads,roller cam in the 666 range,victor jr intake,4150 hp 1000,coan 400 trans,486's,nine ford,175 hit of n20 and runs on pump gas.Runs 9.68 at 135 mph with a 1.31 60 ft. Video at the bottom of page.

Comment

Not much of friendly group/

Comment

nice ride, looks like it leaves hard adn straight

Comment

That's my fault, I didn't look at the link in the sig.
            Nice ride. And I was right, my car should look like that. At least run like that.

Comment

Welcome, and thanks for joining.

Comment

Thanks, I'm a member over on team chevelle and got the news from there. You being with hotrod magazine that long you should remember this nova? Do you remember Speedy Petey in the mid 90's?

Comment

Pete Walsh, Indianapolis. Sure do. I shot the very first feature on that car in 1993 at the Street Machine Nats before he turned into a serious race car. Same car? Wow.

Comment

Small world!! Yep,same car as back then, other than motor & smaller tires. It made a couple magizines this past summer so it's still looking pretty good. Petey is back into racing again in Indy,running a small tire nova.. He got out of racing not long after the magazine write -up due to his wife (at the time girlfriend) got cancer.He sold everything he had trying to pay all the med bills but held onto the nova which I picked up two yrs ago. He was out of racing (I would guess) for 8-10 yrs. He said once he wife became better his little boy got sick as well and spent the next 3 yrs trying to save his life. Talking about some rough times!! All is good now and he's back at it. I haven't had the chance to meet him in person,all our talking has been over the web. Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X