Dan Stokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Stokes

Hi Dan, I might have that 322 you're looking for. Walked the yard again last night and found two Buicks, a 55 and a 56. The 55 is a plain 4 door, so it's probably the Special. The 56 is a 4 door hardtop, fancier trim, engine is complete and undisturbed right down to the air cleaner. It's an automatic trans car. Don't all 56 Buicks have the 322? I thought they did, just different HP ratings. I will get some pics to you and more details on the car. I will pulling the first of the cars out tonight, so I will look it over again.
    Andy

Re: Dan Stokes

Cool! I'll have to plan a trip "up North". Actually never been to Vermont (or is that Varmint?). ME and I are traveling a lot this summer, but I'll work it in. Do you have a place where I can pull the engine? I'd rather bring it home w/o car - less to dismember, and you can pass the body back for scrappage - should make 3 Hyundais. It also should have a cast-iron DynaFlow - good for a Kia right there (no good to me).

I'm not completely sure on the '56 engine sizes. I can't find my '65 Motors, and my older and newer ones don't cover '56. But I think you're probably right - all '56s may well have 322s. My '55 Special, alas, did not (man, that's going back in the way-back machine). I'll Google for it and see what I can find.

Thanks for looking
    Dan

Comment

We can do better than that, I'll pull it and you can pick it up or I can put it on a pallet and send it to you. I have to remove the car from the yard it's in before I can do anything to it anyway. Acetylene torch will make quick work of it. The motor may be stuck, make that IS stuck, but should be rebuildable at least. Some of this stuff has been sitting for 20-30 years.

Comment

I checked a site called Second Chance Garage, and they have an engine spec section. All '56's appear to be 322s, as are all '55s except the Special.

I really appreciate your willingness to pull it. I was planning to bring tools and grubby clothes, but that may not be needed. Should I bring the pressure washer? If you get a chance to pull the plugs and start the WD40 soakdown, that would be great. If not, I'll do it when I get there.

If you can give me a time frame, I'll figure out when I can come. We're leaving for MI & MN (Grandkid visits) right after Maxton, then in August we're going to Denver and the Grand Canyon (never seen it). So in between works for me.

Later, and THANKS
        Dan

Comment

Awww hell.

Being from Boston and all, I wants in on the action.

Dan, when you get this thing figured out (time wise) let me know. I'll tag along or follow you up to the scene of the crime.

Unless of course I'm still banned from the state of Vermont...I'll check with my parole officer.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Dan, Where abouts in Minnesota are you going?

Comment

St. Paul. Not to be confused with St. Pauls (note the "s" on the end), which is in NC (that's where Terry lives).

Brian - I'd love to pick you up on the way by. Sounds like one of those Buddy movies - "watch the antics of these two lovable, crazy guys as they search for a mythical, mystical rare engine" - that kind of thing. Time -wise, I'll just go with what works for VTJunk. I'm sure Vermont had their reasons.....

Dan

Comment

Careful Dan...He will keep you up until 4 am drinking "root" beers and talking cars ;D ;D

Good Times.

Seth
                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Dan's an unleaded guy, but that's probably better for me because I hate sharing beers.

I'm thinking VTJunk can throw down though.

Those Green Mountain Boys can handle their fluids.

Brian

Comment

Just make sure you take a bottle opener ;D ;D

I had to throw that lighter away >

Seth
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Now to blow this thing totally off topic.

Turk proved once again to be the king of the improvised bottle openers.

We were trapped in our Memphis hotel as the world seemed to be ending outside, but in true fashion, we had a week's supply of beer (Which lasted us roughly 2 hours). With no lighters in sight (Turk's been clean for ages now) the dude grabs a knife off of the table and starts popping caps like it's his birthday.

By the time I was done at the end of the night I was literally bleeding from the thumb, knuckle, and forearm.

My boy's got mad skills.

Brian

Comment

Twist off caps for me. I may bring down the silliness of this expedition a bit. As silly as I seem, I'm really a pretty straight guy - in every way. Not that there's anything wrong with that......

Dan

Comment

Dan

I'm in Crystal about 20 miles from St. Paul; PM me about when your coming and if you have time to meet.

Comment

Working...
                          X