No announcement yet.

Thank You to The Silver Buick - Randal Burns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some pretty funny pics showing up today in our private facebook group for Engine Masters.

Stacy Dalzell posted this: Quote of the weekend "Get the carb."- Scott Clark

I'm sure some of you can come up with even more creative captions?

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
      there are some pretty funny pics showing up today in our private facebook group for engine masters.

Stacy dalzell posted this: quote of the weekend "get the carb."- scott clark

i'm sure some of you can come up with even more creative captions?

ooohhhh babyyy, i love you!

Comment

I've hung with both Scott and Randall and they're great guys. Super that they triumphed over adversity and did it together. I don't know Stacey but hopefully he'll make it to Bonneville and you guys will introduce him. I'll be in my usual place.

Dan

Comment

Thank you for saving my ass, O Great Carburetor! Here's a kiss to show how much I love you
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

A lot of folks did a lot of work for this test. Frequently the greatest satisfaction is to salvage value when things have gone to shit.

This weekend Scott, Stacy and Randal certainly made a "silk purse out of a sow's ear." And did it with smiles and humor. Not much more could be asked.

Great job guys!!
            I'm still learning

Comment

This is 100% correct!!!!

This was the first trip where I didn't do a lot of preparation because "this MS3x setup has been working for three years for us, I got plenty of spare parts, no need to build a second box just in case, etc."

I was TOTALLY lazy before this trip and it bit me in the ass, hardcore. I am usually SO much more prepared than this, and I learned my lesson in a big way.

That was a totally accurate statement. The only thing that saved me from my lazy lack of preparation, was our ability to regroup and use what good pieces we DIDN'T fry, to put together a simple system to get the job done, which it did. It wasn't pretty, but we at least got to run the injector all day Sunday.
              Not to be a dick man, but it wasn't surprising to me at all........ We all get tied up with our lives and sometimes things take up the time we need to spend on other things...... It just shows that EFI has its problems just like everything else and even with it things can go terribly wrong........ And those MS3's aren't cheap, the hit in the pocket book must feel just as bad....... And guess what your not perfect and emitted it, you gained a bit more respect in my book today.........

Comment

Scott, maybe you got complacent (read the definition, and not totally correct but...) and this incident was the kick you needed to be humbled? It is great you are able to give credit where it is due, I thank you for that. I am sure it will be a long time before this happens to you again..
                Quick question.. What was different on this dyno than others you used to cause the problem?
                If you can answer that.. Then the problem is solved?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Scott, maybe you got complacent (read the definition, and not totally correct but...) and this incident was the kick you needed to be humbled? It is great you are able to give credit where it is due, I thank you for that. I am sure it will be a long time before this happens to you again..
                  Quick question.. What was different on this dyno than others you used to cause the problem?
                  If you can answer that.. Then the problem is solved?
                  Ha, I get humbled ALL THE TIME. Trust me, every EFI project has its obstacles just like any other car-related project.

I am not sure that it was the dyno power supply that caused our problems, but that's one of the common denominators. I've had this system on ProMachine's dyno six different times now, with no problems. I've a sneaking suspicion our Water Pump (electric) is dying a slow death, and causing shorts in the power supply. It was making funny noises but still pumping water, and I do remember having a similar problem once that ended up being a bad water pump motor.

So really, I do not know until I hear back from the repair gurus what exactly I fried on the MS CPU. It could have also been something like "wiring the coil grounds to 12v by accident" - we've made similar mistakes before.

I'll know soon enough and post up, for sure.
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

That picture shows in real life what a good sport Scott is.
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                      Not to be a dick
                      this is the only reason you post in my threads.

Comment

i would call this deal a "WIN"
                        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I will say that since I was stuck in Nebraska trying to get my shop built it was frustrating to hear about all of the issues happening. Then John Beck posting on Facebook "Day 13 still no fire" but without a single doubt in my mind I knew all of these guys would come through in the end. There was a ton of talent in that dyno room trying to figure it out and I am impressed and thankful that we have so many people who show interest in our effort and want to hangout or help! Thanks again guys for all of your effort over the weekend!

As Jeff states Scott is truley a good sport and that pic WILL be on my wall of my new shop LOL! (Figured it would show up here before long anyways)

Randal sorry I couldn't make it out to meet you but hopefully you can tag along in October or maybe I can get away for one of these upcoming test sessions.
                          Nick Smithberg
                          www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Scott and Randal had to be good sports as they were good enough to take my call in the middle of their trash when my timing wheel fragged at the track. Weird problems happen, it the response to them that counts and that is why I'm proud to call Randall and Scott friends.
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Get it all sorted out Bill, I want to see less thrashing in September and more hanging out!
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Man I hope so, last year sucked. Of course last weekend sucked too, and I have to understand my limitations to quote Dirty Harry.
                                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X