crazy find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazy find

10 geared dual range 3 mode diff AWD....

Coupe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4752.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	878943

ebay: 1988 GL coupe

I know just what to do to this to immortalize before errors begin, and gain 40hp.(square it up to the 140 foot pounds)

wow.

somebody had a little stash of these on staten island apparently. There is another one with 50k miles, a wagon.

one of a kind? everyone claims one of a kind. THIS is one of a kind.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

So when are you going to pick it up?
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Barry..make it happen!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
        Barry..make it happen!
        I am still making the tin can I have happen...

The learning curve, especially with the net invading with mental retardation for advice...I would feel bad if someone tried to keep this oem attempting to "respect" the insanity that still lurks within.

Needs a pro. No worse than strengthening an old camaro to get a real product.

I may go at it again. Depends on sale of current project.(it is similar- except a little trucker wagon)
        Previously boxer3main

Comment

Hey, you already know everything you need to do to it. It'll be easy!
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
            Hey, you already know everything you need to do to it. It'll be easy!
            I analyzed a sea green coupe I found afew years ago. (subaru GL were crazy colors..I still have a 1 year paint code that gets borrowed for hot rods)

first thing I did was check arch roots..wow. I thought the wagons were carzy. This car needed to be hauled. Was not even twenty yet back when I found it.

I am real curious to enslave one coupe while outline has no bends.

the only thing with 1988..the back wheel base is already tucked. instead of subaru fixing a real length and little muscle car look with centered wheels in the wells, like 1985 to 12/1986...
            1988 was already gone back into tin can weak cheating excuses.

I'd still work it in a day.

if to ever see a real RX, pre1987. it is a double take. The wheels look like they belong on a kids wagon. The outline of chassis and engine placement was large enough in mentality..but going through with a final never ever happened. Very sad. the drivetrain is a genius surrounded by insanity.

I still run a 12/86..the last of the little truck cars.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; June 28, 2012, 04:51 PM.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

looks pretty cool for 590 bucks...
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                looks pretty cool for 590 bucks...
                that is about as far as i'd go too.

knowing the prices of ea82, the singular injected engines have a strong aligned casting...

I'd humor 2k more with the dual range engine combo.

$2590.

I did see the seeper rust between the pinches under back seat. I'd offer no more.
                Previously boxer3main

Comment

speaking of crazy price for the crazy find..

I found the real website, it is 4000 even. obviously simply made up off the top of some experts greedy head.

I also found different photos, the interior is a mismatched brown and blue together. subaru does not build like that...and the vinyl is peeling off the lower part of doors in bubbles, matching the waterproof weld seams with rust pissing out of them.

I conclude in my used car paranoia:
                  it is a flood survivor, electrical rebuild..possible odometer hack.

eve if it was the 2590 I claimed to go for.. I'd still have to doubt and walkaway from the undocumented years of ECM extincted.
                  Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                  X