Uncle!!!.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
    I have no idea how you live in heat like that, there is NO WAY I could carry on at all...
    Here in San Diego today I think it is about 80 but we do not have the humidity at all, so sweat actually does its job and cools you down. I am not a fan of the heat, you guys are very brave!
    It was so hot the other day........I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I have no idea how you live in heat like that, there is NO WAY I could carry on at all...
      Here in San Diego today I think it is about 80 but we do not have the humidity at all, so sweat actually does its job and cools you down. I am not a fan of the heat, you guys are very brave!
      Bravery is no match for necessity. The two are often confused and mistaken for one another.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

You guys have crazy weather all the time! massive storms, hurricanes, tons of snow, hail the size of cannonballs...It makes me think that if America had been discovered via the left coast there may not have been such a pioneer push to the east...the further you got the more difficult survival would have been.
        sensible?
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

You guys have crazy weather all the time! massive storms, hurricanes, tons of snow, hail the size of cannonballs...It makes me think that if America had been discovered via the left coast there may not have been such a pioneer push to the east...the further you got the more difficult survival would have been.
          sensible?
          We generally don't have earthquakes and millions-of-miles brush fires here in the South. The mosquitoes are a bigger threat by the numbers.

Comment

It's not bravery, it's that our brains have been cooked........

On that note, it's been pretty mild so far this year for us, nothing like last year were it turned on to temps of 115 in mid June and stayed there until the end of August, that there was pure hell!!!!......

Comment

That is true but the relative amount of earthquakes and brushfires does not seem to come close to the stuff you guys deal with all the time...I would dearly love to see a firefly some day though.
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I would dearly love to see a firefly some day though.
                I haven't noticed one in years. When we were kids we'd catch jars full of em. I guess we extincted them, doing that.

Comment

I don't think we get them in central In. till mid summer. We'll see.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

That is true but the relative amount of earthquakes and brushfires does not seem to come close to the stuff you guys deal with all the time...I would dearly love to see a firefly some day though.
                    They have been out here this year. My kids love them. If I think about it next timwe we're out late I'll challenge the kids to catch one in a jar and post a picture of one in captivity.

I spent three glorious winters and one summer in California. Just north of Oceanside and just south of San Clemente. I drove back here in August. When I got out of the car I thought I was breathing water, like that scene in "The Abyss" when Ed Harris has to breathe the liquid oxygen for deep water diving.
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Fireflys are all over here. I guess that's why it's the PA state bug. Hell, I had 15 or so splattered across my windshield last night. It glows for 20 seconds or so afterwards.

Comment

109* at Chryslers at Carlisle this weekend. and NO shade.
                        58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
                          You ain't kiddin'. After 4 hours in the swap meet (my brother was looking for parts because he hit a deer last week), I was dead. I didn't make it to the show part. I was ready to just sit in the A/C in the car on the drive home.

Comment

Spent the weekend working in a metal building in Fort Worth TX. I drank somewhere around 30 bottled waters in 2 days. Swamp coolers do NOT work in humidity, at all. Ugh.

Although back up here in Omaha it's not exactly the frozen north. Been hovering around 100 for the better part of two weeks now.
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Not a great week to spend some days in the shop welding - but I did it - thank GOD for welding sleeves instead of a full welding jacket.... HOT, I'm VERY happy to see the 80s again.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
                                Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
                                You ain't kiddin'. After 4 hours in the swap meet (my brother was looking for parts because he hit a deer last week), I was dead. I didn't make it to the show part. I was ready to just sit in the A/C in the car on the drive home.
                                It had to be 10 degrees hotter in the car show area....must have been the heat radiating off all those giant C-bodies!
                                Time Wasters...
                                http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Working...
                                X