This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Username describes bangshift

I believe my username totally describes bangshift perfectly.. not being boastful at all. Please tell me what you think -Robby
    Rat Poison Racing

As the father of a gay daughter I object strongly to the term "gay" to refer to something undesirable. We can do better than that.

Dan

Comment

Dan, perhaps you should take that up with Keith, who seems to prefer the term when it doesn't agree with his sensibilities.

You know, like Harleys before he owned one.
      Last edited by Beagle; July 1, 2012, 02:13 PM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I've tried.

When you start throwing around words like "gay" or any other derogatory term, people forget that there are real, breathing people attached to them. It's hurtful and doesn't advance the human race.

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; July 1, 2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

sorry if i offended u dan
          Rat Poison Racing

Comment

Originally posted by No Gay Stuff View Post
            I believe my username totally describes bangshift perfectly.. not being boastful at all. Please tell me what you think -Robby
            Hey guys, me and my dad will be posting regularly. I am a 3rd generation drag racer and drive a junior dragster. My dad has driven top fuel, fuel altereds, and funny cars. Working on a fuel fiat...
            I'd say, you're here to stir up some sh*t, little boy.

Comment

nah guys. sorry
              Rat Poison Racing

Comment

OK then...try again w/ a nicer name. It's always good to welcome a new guy.

Comment

Oh come on, Gay means Happy!!!!!! (amongst other things)......Look it up.......

Adjective 1. Full of or showing high-spirited merriment; "when hearts were young and gay"; "a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company".[Wordnet]
                  2. Given to social pleasures often including dissipation; "led a gay Bohemian life"; "a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies".[Wordnet]
                  3. Offering fun and gaiety; "gay and exciting night life".[Wordnet]
                  4. Homosexual or arousing homosexual desires.[Wordnet]
                  5. Brightly colored and showy; "girls decked out in brave new dresses"; "brave banners flying"; "`braw' is a Scottish word"; "a dress a bit too gay for her years"; "birds with gay plumage".[Wordnet]
                  6. Bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer; "a cheery hello"; "a gay sunny room"; "a sunny smile".[Wordnet]
                  7. Excited with merriment; manifesting sportiveness or delight; inspiring delight; livery; merry.[Websters]
                  8. Brilliant in colors; splendid; fine; richly dressed.[Websters]
                  9. Loose; dissipated; lewd.[Websters]
                  10. Adjective base of the adverb gaily.[Eve - graph theoretic]
                  Adverb Form
                  (gaily) 1. In a gay manner; "the scandals were gaily diverting".[Wordnet].
                  2. Merrily; showily.[Websters].
                  3. In a vivid, brilliant, resplendent, lustrous or refulgent manner.[Eve - graph theoretic]
                  4. In a felicitous, gleeful or triumphant manner.[Eve - graph theoretic]
                  5. In a lightsome, cheerful, blithe or jocund manner.[Eve - graph theoretic]
                  6. In an exultant or joyful manner.[Eve - graph theoretic]
                  7. In a cute, sympathetic or prankish manner.[Eve - graph theoretic]
                  8. In a fortunate or successful manner.[Eve - graph theoretic]
                  9. In a high or lucid manner.[Eve - graph theoretic]
                  10. Adverbial inflection of the adjective gay.[Eve - graph theoretic]
                  Noun 1. Someone who practices homosexuality; having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex.[Wordnet]
                  2. An ornament.[Websters].

Your taking one meaning of the word and focusing on it because of your own insecurities about Homosexuals......

The thing is IF I was a Homosexual I would not care if people called me gay, look at the meaning of the word, it's not like it's a bad thing........ Well unless you feel being a Homosexual is bad??......... But then that is in your mind, not mine.............

IMO the new member wasn't thinking about Gay people when he picked his name.............

And for the Record, I have no problem with Homosexuals, to each their own........

Comment

So by that logic, there is no happy stuff on BangShift? Come on TC, get real.

How old are you Robby?
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Since you're running junior dragsters, I guess it's a safe bet you're still a youngin. I appreciate the enthusiasm you seem to have, but I would appreciate a different user name. Maybe I'm getting old, I just don't really care for that trend much.
                      You may be off to a bit of a shaky start, but welcome aboard Robby. Why don't you post up some pics of your cars, show us what you got?

PS: I tend to shorten user names when I respond to a post, just giving you fair warning.
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

If you're referring to certain forms of automotive function........then I think
                        you're out of bounds.

Lots of different things going on here........different strokes for
                        different folks.

It's what makes this forum unique.
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                          So by that logic, there is no happy stuff on BangShift? Come on TC, get real.

How old are you Robby?
                          Hey BS isn't always ButterCups and SunShine there Sparky......

What I'm getting at is the word has many meanings and I'm sure if you look through the definitions you'd find one that applies.........

Sometimes I'm like that is Gay, and I'm talking about the pink VW with the colorful flowers all over it.......... And that my friend is not BS approved!!!!!........

Comment

A bit homophobic with the nick or what.

I was much worse starting off on the net 13 years ago.
                            Accepting that diversity gathers easy behind a keyboard is something to learn.

in life, you walk by the blue oyster masocist gay club..but on the net it could be anybody at the other end with no offense.

I have gotten in more trouble on the net after finding out some of the groups I thought were compatible had a majority not.(I am here with an old Manly subaru)

This place is cool. I don't care what is out there.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                              Hey BS isn't always ButterCups and SunShine there Sparky......

What I'm getting at is the word has many meanings and I'm sure if you look through the definitions you'd find one that applies.........

Sometimes I'm like that is Gay, and I'm talking about the pink VW with the colorful flowers all over it.......... And that my friend is not BS approved!!!!!........
                              What if it runs 9's?
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X