My kid wants to try drifting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
    Drifting cars beats Showing cars by a lot in my opinion.
    Adrenaline rush aside, there is something about the art of crafting a second-to-none piece of machinery that defies the need for speed. Real show cars, not just a car that someone fixed up real nice, really do it for me-- I'm talking builds funded by a water-cooled checkbook and built by someone who does nothing else. I really appreciate the art and talent that go into those cars and they stand on their own merits and have nothing else to prove.

And then there are cars like Blowfish that are just insane.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

You can learn a lot about sideways control in the winter time.
      1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
      1997 Mustang GT
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teddyzee View Post
        You can learn a lot about sideways control in the winter time.
        IF you can see the parking kerbs (curbs)

Comment

drifting...if I had a 20yr old son (very possible, at 39.5)..

I'd kick him in the ass and take him to tractor trailer school, drop him off.

I am surprised he did not catch on to lack of integrity with an 02 WRX as a lesson in the wallet.

those tin can games are not acts of strength or fun. it is about destroying with a vengeance. that is not glory of a machine at all.

Can't even explain a brut EA series to the cult of clappng midget about subarus anymore.

not to be calling what is stupid making happiness..people are free to do whatever.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

[QUOTE=
            And then there are cars like Blowfish that are just insane.[/QUOTE]

George asked Tonya if she'd like to Drive the Blowfish and we seriously considered it...the car is just slightly better then incredible.... Insane really is pretty accurate

Comment

Tossing a big classic around would be cool...case in point

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I wanna see Turk drift..he said it was gay once..

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                  I wanna see Turk drift..he said it was gay once..
                  Turk's leaving the CLOSET????

Comment

it's still gay.... but hey it's HIS son.... not mine.... what the hell.... I'd even approve of you guys doing it... ( well not really... but hey )

Comment

lets really piss Keith off...someone go drift a Harley with the wrong oil in it LOL!
                      Last edited by JOES66FURY; July 3, 2012, 01:19 PM.
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk View Post
                        My gut reaction wasn't very good..... but then I backed up and thought about it.... what the hell... why not... I'd buy him a CHEAP 3rd Gen or 4th Gen and make sure it's got 15" wheels.... grab a stack of cheap tires... stick a rev limiter in it and burn the suckers off... swap tires... repeat.... swap tires.... repeat...

Hell kind of sounds like fun...

K
                        Ummm Keith. Post above and this are on 2 different sides of the closet door....

Comment

Powerful Camaro...check..

Bad ass driver...Check..

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                            Powerful Camaro...check..

Bad ass driver...Check..

Who cares if it is legitamate competition or not, that just looks like a truck load of fun.
                            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by keithturk View Post
                              george asked tonya if she'd like to drive the blowfish and we seriously considered it...the car is just slightly better then incredible.... Insane really is pretty accurate

WELL?
                              There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Working...
                              X