Police Shred Seven Cars for Street Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Shred Seven Cars for Street Racing

My Mom sent this over from the local paper in Southern California. Ontario has a bad street racing problem. About ten years ago I had inadvertently got in the middle of one in my Skylark before it had a v-8. I saw five wrecks in two miles. Oddly enough I was passing them in all the congestion, as soon as one got a little too close I'd just wobble a bit in my lane and they would scatter away. Guess they didn't want to get hit with some American Steel :P Kind of like the Fury ;D

Check out the photo gallery. I think they are all honda's but there might be a mitsubishi in there somewhere.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Re: Police Shred Seven Cars for Street Racing

When they got finished with the shredding, were the drivers allowed to take the remains home in a hefty bag?
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I don't know which one is better. The pic of the crane operator turning over the green one and smashing it with the claw, or the pile of shreds with the license plate in it.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm kind of partial to the one with the plate on it. Anyone know how big a pile a 2.5 Ton Full size car from the 60's or 70's is?

Comment

It said engines and transmissions were stolen.. So, they shredded other people's property huh??

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
            It said engines and transmissions were stolen.. So, they shredded other people's property huh??
            In the good U.S.A probably, don't get me wrong on my comment I do love my country but not everything they do

Comment

I love the pics with the plates ( but I love collecting plates, so I have a thing for it)

Good pics

Ax

Comment

thats why you race on the track or have a fast enough car to get away in (not a honda)

Comment

They(motors and trannies ) probably wern't stolen they just coldn't prove they bought them .How many of us have a reciept for anything that doesn't match your vin codes?

Comment

Originally posted by shaun callaway
                    thats why you race on the track or have a fast enough car to get away in (not a honda)

I agree, though some may argue that "they" keep shutting down tracks; taking away that opportunity.

Track's been there fifty years, but someone decides to build a shiny new housing development nearby, and when people start buying homes in there, then hear the noise, they start bitching... enough squeaky wheels, someone breaks out the oil.

Comment

I read a while back that new york and new jersey were taking the cars the confiscated in drag racing busts and using them as patrol vehicles to "bait and trap" street racers....This idea of crushing cars is a bit extreme IMO...They could have sold off the cars on e-bay and made money for the department to fund anti-drug/anti street racing campaigns or other special interest activities they dont get enough money to support, the money could have been used to help victims of street racers....a whole lot more that crushing the things...stupid....

Comment

genius...thats the best use for a honda i have seen, if you did get to bring them home in hefty bag that would make for some laughs

Comment

metal shredders are cool
                          recycle the recycled

Comment

Can't think of a better way to treat a Honda! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu

I agree, though some may argue that "they" keep shutting down tracks; taking away that opportunity.

Track's been there fifty years, but someone decides to build a shiny new housing development nearby, and when people start buying homes in there, then hear the noise, they start bitching... enough squeaky wheels, someone breaks out the oil.
                              California Dragway/Speedway is less than 20 minutes from about anywhere in Ontario.

Comment

Working...
                              X