American Graffiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Interesting. Last night I was trying to describe my youth to our massage lady (she's 23). Finally I asked if she had seen American Graffiti. She said yes. I said "You got it". Cool thing is that from then on we understood each other better. Truly, I was there but in the SE Michigan area.

Dan
    Funny Dan...........I do the same thing.
    American Graffiti was an accumulation of my high school years.
    Playing pranks, drag racing, chasing the girls & always trying to
    get a bottle of hooch.

The theme.......the guys last night before going to college and raising hell.......was the same
    but back in my day it was guys last nights before going to boot camp or overseas.

I can remember raising seven kinds of hell the night before I left.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I find that a lot of kids don't get my generation until I apply the AG comparison. Then they usually seem to get it. I was the guy who got married the second year out of HS - for the usual reason. I was never a candidate for the priesthood, if you get my drift.

Dan

Comment

I was never a candidate for the priesthood, if you get my drift.

Dan
        Did they find out you were bopping the Bishop?

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Uh, no. In a few months I had ample proof that that was NOT my area of interest. We were old-fashioned and got married. The marriage was a disaster but the kid is amazing.

Dan

Comment

Uh, no. In a few months I had ample proof that that was NOT my area of interest. We were old-fashioned and got married. The marriage was a disaster but the kid is amazing.

Dan
            Gotta take wins when you get 'em.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I find that a lot of kids don't get my generation until I apply the AG comparison. Then they usually seem to get it. I was the guy who got married the second year out of HS - for the usual reason. I was never a candidate for the priesthood, if you get my drift.

Dan
              I read the celibacy clause and said 'no thanks'
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                I read the celibacy clause and said 'no thanks'
                It's actually a "celebrate" clause, and got misspelled along the way...

Comment

Cute and fun, but Two Lane Blacktop is and was more my experience. Best film ever? Tombstone " Ah got two guns', one for each of ya"
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                    Cute and fun, but Two Lane Blacktop is and was more my experience. Best film ever? Tombstone " Ah got two guns', one for each of ya"
                    I'm your Huckleberry
                    Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                      I'm your Huckleberry
                      When Doc and The Kid face off, that was amazing ...
                      "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

"What the hell are you playin'?"

Doc: "Frederick f@%$#king Chopin."
                        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Why.. your no daisy. Your no daisy at all.
                          Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Interesting. Last night I was trying to describe my youth to our massage lady (she's 23). Finally I asked if she had seen American Graffiti. She said yes. I said "You got it". Cool thing is that from then on we understood each other better. Truly, I was there but in the SE Michigan area.

Dan
                            I think we're blowing right past a key item here.. the 23 year old massage lady..??

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience View Post
                              I think we're blowing right past a key item here.. the 23 year old massage lady..??
                              YES! 23... By the time they are 24, they are on disability...

Comment

Times change. Back then and when the movie was made it was OK for an adult to cruise around until dawn with a 13 year old girl in the car. Now, you'd end up in jail and on a list for such things.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X