Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pneumothorax

anyone familiar with this?

I encountered it once, my brother and i got in a wreck in a runaway ford diesel, he was driving...about 17 years ago.

I was in alot of pain, who knows what they gave me, it was like being drunk. Beepers and people talking, bright light..I could not even focus my eyes, kept them shut.. I heard a bunch of panic beeps, like little sirens..could not figure it out. Yelling. I had this dream I punched my brother in the chest, as if we were kids, we fought all the time like that..not real hate...and the beeping stopped.

I found out later he had a pneumothorax double.

Another relative is in the hospital with it right now, one lung. They may be cutting something out to keep the rest of it good. Isn't that cancer or something? i don't feel I am getting a whole truth. It is from a patients perspective, maybe they aren't telling him exactly what is going on.

they took the tube out, and it collapsed again.

I quit smoking. today. right now.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Bummer.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Its where you get a bubble of air trapped between the lung and the inside of the chest wall and it keeps the lung from expanding and being able to fully ingest as much air as it should. and its bad. it can kill ya. a double scenario is both lungs affected.

I am glad to hear you quit smoking. I am a reformed smoker. you'll feel worlds better for quitting.

i really hope your relative gets better. i'll say a good word for them whenever i get the chance.
      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

pneumothorax = not cool.

in my area, it means somebody stuck the needle in too far, and it went into the lung. Air in the lung or punctured lung, whatever you wanna call it.

Watch the movie "Three Kings". Cool special-effects of Mark Wahlberg with a punctured lung. Very realistic.
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

The smoking.. I smoked a long time, the carcinogens killed something.
          I don't even like smoking..it constantly carried something away. I worked with metal, still do..a smoke just bails a lung out. Not sure why it works like tht fr me. I don't keep an inhale either, I am right out with it.

I suppose I look like a druggie without an addiction satisfied. rings around my eyes etc. I knew to get a few more pounds of beef and pork. appetite gets big after quitting.

lung collapse is symptoms I have had for 16 years..even one arm stronger than the other. the air force did help in creating it (aircraft leaks)...a car wreck has me signed sealed and not quite delivered yet. My dad is the relative I refer too. He collapsed a lung 40 years ago, it is now the same one. 61 yrs old now. I am truly nervous about some things.
          it got my brother and me, we all bust ass. Strange trait us workers have, we need clean air to stay alive.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm asthmatic.. Quit smoking in my early 20's before 21. Lost most weight then..
            Worked in steel shop with "filters" didn't work.. Slowly got sick then fired
            Found out what it was.. Manageable.. Good/bad days. Air is precious.. More so than $$ or gold..

Comment

good luck on the stopping, life sucks for about a week, then slowly gets better.... big thing is figuring out what to do instead of a smoke break - if you're a hard worker already, you'll find that you just don't stop working until you drop.... that's not good either
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
              X