Papa John's Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papa John's Camaro

Watching the Revolution unfold on History Channel (George Washington....well, he was a complicated individual, to say the least).

And there's a Papa John's commercial. That gold Camaro, this time racing around with Jeff Gordon on the circle track. There it is, I was wondering where it went.

That car is an amazing story. It was Papa's car and he sold it to help his dad out financially. When he got rich selling pizzas nothing else would do, but he had to find that car and get it back. Turns out it was just a couple hundred miles away. He found it.

A dude had sort of cut it up and made a drag racing car out of it, but there it was. The VIN matched. Papa paid the guy $250,000 to get that car back.

The Investor Relations website contains information about Papa John's International, Inc.'s business for stockholders, potential investors, and financial analysts.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

i THINK PAPA JOHN DETUNED IT ...beautiful car
    Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; July 4, 2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

That's car love. I can nearly dig it, but not on that scale, so much money. I'd have to think twice if I had a gazzilion dollars in the bank, to pay a quarter mil to recover my old car, a blast from the past. Well, okay I can dig it. But I sure can't afford it. Glad Papa had it in his wallet. Good for him. A happy story.

I guess. I can't imagine.

Comment

hard to find rally sports

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
          hard to find rally sports
          Yeah, that justifies it.

Comment

papa john said he has plans to restore the car back to the way it was when he had it
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

When you have that much money it's called ecentricity, not foolish.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

that is a really pretty camaro. i'm sure its good to be him. I had an all stock triple black '72 SS350 four speed camaro back in '85.

It was REALLY rusty. The first time i put it up on the stands, it jumped off and almost squashed me flat! Bad Ju-Ju i thought, so i snagged the seats, the trans, the freshly rebuilt heads, and the rear axle. and sent it to the crusher. THEN i found out they had a strike at the Norwood Ohio assembly plant back in the day and because of that there were only 2,200 SS camaro's made that year.

i STILL cry myself to sleep at night.

Hi - my name is Mike and I am a Dumbass.
                Last edited by oldsman496; July 4, 2012, 08:06 PM.
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Hi Mike, we all make mistakes that kick us at night.

Comment

This was also a giant publicity stunt and advertising. 250000 is probably pretty cheap considering the extra exposure he's gotten out of this and it's now a write off..
                    Powertour off/on since 2002
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                      This was also a giant publicity stunt and advertising. 250000 is probably pretty cheap considering the extra exposure he's gotten out of this and it's now a write off..
                      I think you hit the nail on the head. It was all over the news here (PJ Corp HQ here) for several weeks. Like a reality show...the qwest, the build up, anticipation, IT'S BEEN LOCATED...several days later there was a big news story about John going to meet the guy, taking a ride, the transfer of cash and title, etc.

Then there was the whole ordeal where the guy(1) John sold the car to told John about the guy(2) he(1) sold the car to and who was supposed to get the "finders fee". Another two week news story.

He put his name, Papa John's, on the local college football stadium and has exclusive delivery rights to the campus.

Nothing but publicity and brand recognition.

Comment

If I were loaded and I could get my 79 Factory 305, 4 speed ,limited slip rear Monza Spider back for that I probably would. But since I sold it to my dad and he hit a guard rail with it three times in one wreak, hydroplaning on the interstate, we wont have to worry about me proving it. well that and I'm pretty much broke .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                          That's car love. I can nearly dig it, but not on that scale, so much money. I'd have to think twice if I had a gazzilion dollars in the bank, to pay a quarter mil to recover my old car, a blast from the past. Well, okay I can dig it. But I sure can't afford it. Glad Papa had it in his wallet. Good for him. A happy story.

I guess. I can't imagine.
                          That is car stupidity. He could've built an exact copy ten times over for the price he paid to get it back.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post

Bingo. It was actually a very brilliant move, probably some of the best money he's spent.
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I give good money to get the back seat from my first car.
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                              X