• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>>>head
    replied
    Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
    Dude... you're in High School.

Priority # 1: Impress your buddies and more importantly, CHICKS.

To do that, you need the sound, fury, and cred of a V8.

Clean up the Fiero, get it running, sell it, and get something cool with the money. With a Fiero its hard to truly impress anyone other than other Fiero owners.
    What's crazy Caveman is that the dude also has a Vega shooting brake - tie that junk together with a cage and drop in an aluminum 5.3 LS from a boneyard pick up!

Leave a comment:

• Caveman Tony
    replied
    Dude... you're in High School.

Priority # 1: Impress your buddies and more importantly, CHICKS.

To do that, you need the sound, fury, and cred of a V8.

Clean up the Fiero, get it running, sell it, and get something cool with the money. With a Fiero its hard to truly impress anyone other than other Fiero owners.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    The 3.4 in my Mom's '03 Grand Am runs pretty good. I am sure its faster than my 1st car was (85 t-bird 3.8) and it gets close to 30 mpg on the highway

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
    Run a 3.4 motor in it, same Fiero cam & heads, more displacement.
    You can switch to the newer better intake/injection set-up.
    Plus 3.4 motors are a dime a dozen at the junkyard...

I had some other comments but this logic ^^^ is really hard to argue with.

It made me forget all of my oddball ideas and start drooling. Back in '89 we ran the snot out of a LM4 with the iron duke and a stick, that same car set up like Tardis454 suggests would be silly-fun.

Leave a comment:

• 64casteel
    replied
    Sorry guys i totally forgot about the thread. Been busy around here. But to school and from school is like a total of 18+/- Miles. And i ont really care what motor to put in it, i just dont want to go through a ton of work just to get a couple more horse and a little bit of torque. I thought about the ls4 but that consist of having to cutt the engine bay and i would like to stay away from that. I thought about that super charged 3800 that came in some of the regal gs's. But Im just trying to get some ideas and try to get my ducks in a row and start collecting pieces that i'll need. Paint comes first though.

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    I know a guy who put a northstar V8 in one, car was stupid fast

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied
    Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
    you didn't ask but I'd try to find the LS4 they put into FWD Impala SS/Monte SS/GrandPrix GXP and swap it and the transaxle behind the seats.
    Fixed it for you.

Been done I think. For some reason I'm remembering massive rework of the engine compartment and accessory drive.

Leave a comment:

• >>>>head
    replied
    you didn't ask but I'd try to find the LS4 they put into FWD Impala SS/Monte SS/GrandPrix GTP and swap it and the transaxle behind the seats.

Leave a comment:

• CTX-SLPR
    replied
    As much as I want to say Buick 3800... I'm going to throw a curveball (like you didn't see that coming) and say Saab 2.3t. Good gravey I love the one in my 9-5 Aero. Fiero guys seem to be getting thier updated stick boxes from Saabs anyway.

Now it will be a hang up for the EFI and as best I could find by searching, no one has done it. That being said, it looks like a modern ecotech is also a hard swap. For simplicity, get the bigger Metric60 out of a later model or go the traveled route of L36/67. If you want to be different with a ton of torque (for a 4-banger) do the Saab.

Leave a comment:

• bishir
    replied
    How far is your commute to school? If it's short buy some batteries and go electric! Instant torque!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    It's really hard for me not to say SBC but I do know this is a hard swap ( moving the starter to the opposite side for one, bell housing adapter would be two.) So really need to stick with the stock bell housing pattern . So, if it were me I'd go with in this order....# 1 Northstar V8, If I didn't already have the 87 GTA t/a that I don't plan on getting rid of , I would do it. #2 Buick 3.8 , And if I'm not mistaken buik made a smaller cube version , the 3.3

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Contact Phil. He probably knows the most about Fiero's around here.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    There was a guy in Canada who spent about $6k and stuffed a 455 in his Fiero longitudinally. He used a Riviera/Toronado transaxle and front suspension, with a transverse leaf from a Vette instead of the torsion bars those cars had. It was a very mild 455 Pontiac, but it ran 12.3 on regular old BFG radial tires, and yanked the front wheels easily. It took some cutting on the trunk, but it all fit and handled pretty well.

If you can find the stuff cheaper, you can put about anything in there.

Leave a comment:

• oldsman71
    replied
    ^ that sounds good too

Leave a comment:

• tardis454
    replied
    Run a 3.4 motor in it, same Fiero cam & heads, more displacement.
    You can switch to the newer better intake/injection set-up.
    Plus 3.4 motors are a dime a dozen at the junkyard...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X