Sept issue of Hot Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studemax View Post
    They really packed a lot into the new format.... my only complaint?
    The new typefonts are so small I'll be going blind soon.
    Totally agree..I was looking for the freaking magnifying glass and wondering if I'm going to have to update my spectacle prescription.
    Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

It's bigger AND has smaller print? I need to go get a copy!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The format it seems to me, and I don't pick them up often, seems like MotorTrend. Not the content. This could be a good sign. Use to hot rod type mags were written on a 8th grade level
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
          The format it seems to me, and I don't pick them up often, seems like MotorTrend. Not the content. This could be a good sign. Use to hot rod type mags were written on a 8th grade level
          Well, I still can't see it. Ain't got it.

DF made a huge editorial point in past months of saying here comes a major format upgrade. I'll have one tomorrow, either through the mail or from the store. I have to see it. And tear a couple pages out of it as well...
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Anytime a magazine pays me back more in information or inspiration than the cost of the purchase, is a good day. I thought this issue more than did that.

The information on AN fittings was worth far more than the cost of the magazine. Even though my favored brand (XRP) wasn't one of those surveyed, it gave me a great deal of information and I'll also check my XRP fittings to see how they compare.

Troy Trepanier's work is always inspirational, although I'm starting to think that they are just too over the top. There is no subtlety in the work, anymore. Case in point, the fuel cell cover. Its not just showing off, it's retched excess. I think Strope's opinion is right on. I do, however, really enjoy the "as its built" type features. When John Dianna's SuperRod first came out, I bought everyone just to see the builds.

The AMBR winner. Absolute perfection. If I won the big lottery, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Lots of inspiration. If Troy would just visit with Pete, there is a subtlety and elegance that I would hope would rub off.

Aaron Beck's illustrations. Loved them. That is good stuff.

I like that they are moving back to their roots. Some very good new car reviews.

Looks like it took two young bucks to replace Rob Kinnan. I hope he is doing well in whatever endeavor he has chosen.

DF, in my opinion, saved HR back in 2004. Here's hoping the latest redesign keeps them going for another decade.
            Last edited by Bob Holmes; July 8, 2012, 06:32 PM.
            I'm still learning

Comment

The way DF wrote last month or the month before, he made it sound like he didn't have a lot to do with the redirection, or at least didn't want to take credit for it. Lots of meetings in the corporate office, etc. Stuff he didn't really like to do instead of doing other stuff.

Comment

Well, read his column in this magazine.
                I'm still learning

Comment

Dang it I can't see it, don't have it. Dadgummit.

Comment

Dang, the new issue isn't at my grocery store yet :*(
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Not in any way to degrade the USPS, or the distribution folks at HRM...but if the United States military was in charge, everybody would get the same thing at the same time. To the day, to the second. Okay, everybody's got it. Right NOW. Film at eleven.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                        Dang, the new issue isn't at my grocery store yet :*(
                        I'll start sending you my extra copy.........for some reason I
                        now get two copies a month.
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          I'll start sending you my extra copy.........for some reason I
                          now get two copies a month.
                          Showoff.

EDIT: Ahhh so wait a minute. THAT'S why you put one under the front wheel of the shoebox? You had another one to read. Okay, now I get it. I'm slow, but you clued me in entirely too well.
                          Last edited by pdub; July 8, 2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                            Showoff.

EDIT: Ahhh so wait a minute. THAT'S why you put one under the front wheel of the shoebox? You had another one to read. Okay, now I get it. I'm slow, but you clued me in entirely too well.
                            I think the second copy is for my alta ego
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                              I think the second copy is for my alta ego
                              This has been a great day on BangShift from my vantage point. Bed calls and duty calls in the A.M. If I can drag my sorry beat up ass out of bed. We'll see.

Thank you all for a whole lot of fun. Sincerely. I mean it. It's always a pleasure.
                              Last edited by pdub; July 8, 2012, 07:47 PM.

Comment

barnes and noble had it on their newsstand tonight when i was there
                                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                                X