Sept issue of Hot Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peewee View Post
    Not in any way to degrade the USPS, or the distribution folks at HRM...but if the United States military was in charge, everybody would get the same thing at the same time. To the day, to the second. Okay, everybody's got it. Right NOW. Film at eleven.
    Yeah, but the magazine would cost $185 a copy.
    Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
      Yeah, but the magazine would cost $185 a copy.
      And Finnegan would have to shave off.
      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

I got my copy yesterday and I am right in the midle of reading a Super Chevy one of the fourteen car magazines that I read per month but I flipped through the new HotRod which I consider the Bible of car mags. and I got to page 104 and the coverage of the Ohio Mile and something in the text caught my eye. Check out the top left corner of page 104 where the article starts and then the last two columns on the opposite page 105 and check out the name.

Garrell Patterson

Comment

I really like the new format. Especially the Automotive Archaeology section on page 20. You never know what you are going to find out there!
          Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
          www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Kudo's all around. Big improvements. I am really stoked by the bigger mag and more in-depth coverage of some of the more significant project cars.... Well done DF and co-horts. A more well-rounded issue for sure... somethin for everyone it seems.

I like it.

when will HotRod do a full feature on that 207 MPH Gremmy? I wanna see that.
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Hey guys, I was trying to get you to notice that was me they are wrighting about on pages 104 and 105 without just asking you to That was my first run down the trck. I picked up speed during the day and I broke and set a landspeed record on the Maxton Mile last Oct.

Garrell

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                It's interesting that he thought the other way until he posted that post...... I think that is the reason they used his post, because he for so many years said there was an advantage to doing it and then found out that there wasn't........
                Do you just make this stuff up to feel good about yourself? Show me some posts where I "think the other way"

I simply observe, and test. THEN I share the info. Make note of that process, you might have something worth sharing if you could get those three things in the right order.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by garrell.770 View Post
                  Hey guys, I was trying to get you to notice that was me they are wrighting about on pages 104 and 105 without just asking you to That was my first run down the trck. I picked up speed during the day and I broke and set a landspeed record on the Maxton Mile last Oct.

Garrell

Good for you man! I love to hear about folks getting their stuff in print....

I could however, do without the daily pissing contests.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    Good for you man! I love to hear about folks getting their stuff in print....

I could however, do without the daily pissing contests.
                    Agreed, congrats on anyone that got their name or pics in the magazine, that's something that lasts forever!

Meanwhile, the simple fix to avoiding the daily TC trainwreck is to not read the threads.
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                      Not in any way to degrade the USPS, or the distribution folks at HRM...but if the United States military was in charge, everybody would get the same thing at the same time. To the day, to the second. Okay, everybody's got it. Right NOW. Film at eleven.
                      So that is why back in 89-91 when I was stationed in Germany I would get my HOTROD and other magazines 6 to 8 months late. Not just late, but 6-8 months after the cover date, and now I get them three or four months early according to the date on them. There would be a stack of them, and some would have stuff cut out, while others would have things circled, and all would be dog eared like they had been floating around in someone desk for a while. One guy down the hall subscribed to a couple skin magazines, he never saw a single one.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        you're welcome! Here are some slightly better scans of the pages...to hold you over until you get the real thing in your hands
                        Thanks for sharing the pic of my buddy George and his red Hemi Belvedere. I was pleased to see it in the Ohio feature. We used to cruise this car to high school. It has the same paint and motor and just about everything else that it had in 1977. I think it was cool he drove it 3-1/2 hours to get to Willmington. Made three passes and drove it back home without a problem. I think he has gotten his money's worth out of the old Chrysler !

I think they have done a good job with revamping the Magazine. Cheers to the Source Interlink Media executives who, at that level, usually fight any kind of positive change. Well done to those who persuaded them.

DTB
                        DTB - RETIRED

Comment

would you people just stop already. i dont have mine yet. cant wait to see the new design. i have read tons of good remarks. hopefully it will be in the mail when i get home today.

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW View Post
                            would you people just stop already. i dont have mine yet. cant wait to see the new design. i have read tons of good remarks. hopefully it will be in the mail when i get home today.
                            Nope, sorry. Your mailman isn't done reading it yet Steve.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post
                              Thanks for sharing the pic of my buddy George and his red Hemi Belvedere. I was pleased to see it in the Ohio feature. We used to cruise this car to high school. It has the same paint and motor and just about everything else that it had in 1977. I think it was cool he drove it 3-1/2 hours to get to Willmington. Made three passes and drove it back home without a problem. I think he has gotten his money's worth out of the old Chrysler !

I think they have done a good job with revamping the Magazine. Cheers to the Source Interlink Media executives who, at that level, usually fight any kind of positive change. Well done to those who persuaded them.

DTB

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Got mine today........both of 'em.

Yeah......I like the new edition.......sort of reminds me of
                                Street Rodder as thick as it is.

Lots of good stuff.......Would be cool to have the
                                shoebox adorn one the pages someday.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                                X