Sept issue of Hot Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post

when will HotRod do a full feature on that 207 MPH Gremmy? I wanna see that.
    Yeah, me too. In the tech line, lots of folks (including me) were standing around gawking at it in amazement. The guy said he'd won a burnout contest in it. He got the tires boiling and with that exhaust coming out of that rear hatch at a 45-degree angle, it shot the smoke into the sky like a giant rooster's tail. And the crowd went wild.
    Last edited by pdub; July 9, 2012, 12:57 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I don't frequent the site enough, but did they revamp their website to?? And the forum software looks different, did they go to different forum software......

Comment

I just got my issue, the effect it has on me? I WANNA BUILD! lol... Great motivation seeing some of the stuff after a quick perusal..

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
          I don't frequent the site enough, but did they revamp their website to?? And the forum software looks different, did they go to different forum software......
          Got mine today! And at the end of the Ohio Mile article it said to go to hotrod.com/2012/September for more photos.

So I did, but I didn't see any, just the static table of contents for the issue....rats!

Comment

Originally posted by garrell.770 View Post
            I got my copy yesterday and I am right in the midle of reading a Super Chevy one of the fourteen car magazines that I read per month but I flipped through the new HotRod which I consider the Bible of car mags. and I got to page 104 and the coverage of the Ohio Mile and something in the text caught my eye. Check out the top left corner of page 104 where the article starts and then the last two columns on the opposite page 105 and check out the name.

Garrell Patterson
            Congrats on the ink and being the first pass at Wilmington! Would you mind expanding on the whole wheelchair thing a bit? What the hell did you do to yourself and are you walking again or does your ride have special equipment?
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
              I just got my issue, the effect it has on me? I WANNA BUILD!
              There's even a Poncho in there, just for you!
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                There's even a Poncho in there, just for you!
                I saw the 64, not the direction I would have gone, but I still like everything but the wheels. It made me very happy to see a stroked 389 in it instead of the usual sbc or LSx.

Comment

WIN! An issue just showed up at my new house
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I really dig the new format and the fact I was quoted in it was cool as well , although I was joking and it makes me look uber redneck but hey I made the mag so I will take it!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                      I really dig the new format and the fact I was quoted in it was cool as well , although I was joking and it makes me look uber redneck but hey I made the mag so I will take it!
                      Again, gotta take wins when you get 'em, congrats Buckeye!

And Squirrell posted the scans of my car in two photos, but in the real magazine it kinda looked and felt different. After all I just happened on both instances to be parked BEHIND the car they photographed and were raving about! Oh well, got in the way of the camera both times.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                        Again, gotta take wins when you get 'em, congrats Buckeye!

And Squirrell posted the scans of my car in two photos, but in the real magazine it kinda looked and felt different. After all I just happened on both instances to be parked BEHIND the car they photographed and were raving about! Oh well, got in the way of the camera both times.
                        Still a win!
                        The mopar magazine with the article about demoing Imperials shows my son's car as fodder.. What the article fails to mention is my son came on top more than the Imp did...
                        But still in a magazine..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          Still a win!
                          The mopar magazine with the article about demoing Imperials shows my son's car as fodder.. What the article fails to mention is my son came on top more than the Imp did...
                          But still in a magazine..
                          Yep.......win
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Thats pretty cool that Peewee got a pic of his car in his first hot rod outing. There have been many many people who have done the power tour a bunch of times and their car has never been in the mag. My Impala has been in Car Craft many times since 2006, including the current issue. Its never has a featire of any sort but its cool to know they like my car. ( Both Doug Glad and John McGann are big 65 Impala fans. There are two others in the same article) Its also been in PHR and CHP's readers rides section over the years. Those are really cool and I saved those issues.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Well Scott a goose does shit in the lake sometimes. And it doesn't seem fair when you put it into your light, so many folks out so many times and don't show up in a magazine photo.

I.....I.....well heck. It's not like I did anything but be there. Being there was thrill enough.

Comment

There are a lot of cars that are train wrecks. They wont be in any mag ever. Thats life. Then there is the mag editors personal tastes. Obviously, that will influence whats in the mag too. I lucked out and went on the Anti Tour with an editor that loves the type of car I own. DF has a huge list of fails for cars that bug him. I amazed anything gets in his mag at all. I spent an hour following him around at a show once and he nick picked.at everything from gas pedals to plug wire color.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X