Sept issue of Hot Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    There are a lot of cars that are train wrecks. They wont be in any mag ever. Thats life. Then there is the mag editors personal tastes. Obviously, that will influence whats in the mag too. I lucked out and went on the Anti Tour with an editor that loves the type of car I own. DF has a huge list of fails for cars that bug him. I amazed anything gets in his mag at all. I spent an hour following him around at a show once and he nick picked.at everything from gas pedals to plug wire color.
    I was wondering what cocks DF's pistol when it comes to cars.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

My car sits wrong.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Ha, maybe I should get his opinion on mine
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

My ride has SO MANY violations, i can't count them all... but DF put it in CarCraft when he was editor back then... although he expresses his personal viewpoint at the time of viewing a car... apparently he is able to put his own personal viewpoint aside when it comes to what he feels others would enjoy seeing in the mag....

i'm not sure i expressed that correctly , but i hope you folks get the idea i'm tryin' to express about DF... and i've only met him twice...

back to this newest issue... I have now read it all completely and am still really diggin' it. Poteets Talladega is beautifully expressed in this issue. 12 pages of it is awsomeness The small print kinda bummed me at first, but when i put on my second set of reading glasses, I was able to easily read it all and that also allowed me to see detail in the pics that i'd missed looking at it with the lower magnification glasses...so I actually picked up more enjoyment and info due to the small print. and with small print, you can fit more info on a page.... and that's always a win.
          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I know what he does like, my POS camp trailer

Comment

Hi Everybody,

Glad most of you liked the new issue. Yeah, the tiny font sucks and will hopefully be addressed soon. We really appreciate the feedback and input. It's been awhile since I finished working on an issue and looked forward to picking it up again once it went to print. I'm very stoked on this one and the future of HR.

-FINNEGAN

Comment

Keep up the great work!
                My fabulous web page

Comment

Hey Mike, excellent work! My eyes still work good, so the type hasn't bothered my any.

I think it is boss!
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post
                    Hi Everybody,

Glad most of you liked the new issue. Yeah, the tiny font sucks and will hopefully be addressed soon. We really appreciate the feedback and input. It's been awhile since I finished working on an issue and looked forward to picking it up again once it went to print. I'm very stoked on this one and the future of HR.

-FINNEGAN
                    I'll take small font and more words any day over large font and less words.

Comment

I just got the issue today, looking forward to going through it!

Comment

Got done reading through it today, Seems like a nice mix of everything, I think there is little bit for everyone..... Good Job.......

Comment

Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post
                          Hi Everybody,

-FINNEGAN
                          I just flipped through it so far. I didn't see reader's letters in there. Are you guys doing away with that? I'll be reading this week at work. I did like the reader's pics section. DF mentioned that to me in an email and now understand what he was talking about.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                            My ride has SO MANY violations, i can't count them all... but DF put it in CarCraft when he was editor back then... although he expresses his personal viewpoint at the time of viewing a car... apparently he is able to put his own personal viewpoint aside when it comes to what he feels others would enjoy seeing in the mag....

i'm not sure i expressed that correctly , but i hope you folks get the idea i'm tryin' to express about DF... and i've only met him twice...

back to this newest issue... I have now read it all completely and am still really diggin' it. Poteets Talladega is beautifully expressed in this issue. 12 pages of it is awsomeness The small print kinda bummed me at first, but when i put on my second set of reading glasses, I was able to easily read it all and that also allowed me to see detail in the pics that i'd missed looking at it with the lower magnification glasses...so I actually picked up more enjoyment and info due to the small print. and with small print, you can fit more info on a page.... and that's always a win.
                            He violated many of his own rules when he redid the Crusher Camaro from the nose high stance to the T bar valve cover bolts. I guess he changed his rules of violation. HA!!
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                              Hey Mike, excellent work! My eyes still work good, so the type hasn't bothered my any.
                              Your time is coming, punk!! LOL.
                              I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                                He violated many of his own rules when he redid the Crusher Camaro from the nose high stance to the T bar valve cover bolts. I guess he changed his rules of violation. HA!!
                                It was intentional. I dig it.
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X