Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ Allmendinger suspended for failing drug test.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peewee View Post
    Hmmm maybe my plane is missing a wing, but according to Thump I can still land okay....we can get through this. It'll all be okay. If only I had Snow White as a copilot.
    Lost me on that one
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Well, it's hit and miss.

EDIT: Sorry, reference to other threads as we go along....
      Last edited by pdub; July 8, 2012, 12:12 PM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Most people who liked NASCAR are the older ones who was fans before Petty retired or Dale Sr died, the ones now are mostly a different breed, I have seen that first hand in the pits and the big suites. Newer fans dont know who Tim Richmond is , much less that Jr Johnson drove before he was a big owner.

To me Mayfield is innocent, just because he failed the NASCAR test doesnt mean much, he went to labcorp on his own and passed a drug test ,so call it even up.
        Sure his dogs attacked the mail lady, on his own private posted property and he helped her in his house .
        The man without a job also lost his home and property.
        Stolen property was on his land, does that mean he stole it or even knew about it.
        Just saying he had a lot of stuff stacked against him .

AJ, who really cares if he is innocent or guilty , not been there long enough to be considered a icon in the sport.

But here we have two of Bangshifts finest members trading harsh words over a mismatch of things seem to have been said wrong because of where they live.
        Where you are from seems to make a difference of what can be said without coming to blows.
        Kiss and make up now.

Comment

I think some drug tests show a hint of a possible... Then the hammer drops... True or not? Faintest hint, BOOM GUILTY! now prove yourself innocent!
          I agree Mayfield got screwed.. That stuff is on alot of money... Test it.. Betcha get gobsmacked!

Comment

Originally posted by realsteelfreak View Post
            Kiss and make up now.
            Okay.

Tomorrow. Now, back to racin'

Comment

Tests can have false positives. My brother in law used to be an air traffic controller. they had random drug test. They were given all kinds of info on what could give a false positive. For example, couldn't eat buns with poppy seeds on them or it would say he was on ....I think opium. Better just to sit back and watch it play out . Especially If you have a dog in the fight. (no offense to postal worker )
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I was pretty bummed to hear this new. I think AJ had a bright career ahead of him, but that might be over now. Seemed like a good guy.

Somethings we will never really know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams View Post
                  I was pretty bummed to hear this new. I think AJ had a bright career ahead of him, but that might be over now. Seemed like a good guy.

Somethings we will never really know for sure.

Uhhhh yeah, I've seen bright careers ruined by lesser and more legal things than drugs. Well, not just careers, but whole lives, and the lives of others. So selfish. The "me" thing. Case in point,.... no peewee don't go there.

Comment

You can bet after all the crap with Mayfield that NASCAR has their ducks in a row on this one. Read an article that says it takes their testing co. 5 days and they knew mid-day Saturday.

Comment

spoiled , brownoser druggies out of racing please

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                        spoiled , brownoser druggies out of racing please

Naw, it's across society. We do testing after an accident/injury and also on a random basis.

It's across society. Racers are a part of society, too. X-number of people equals y-numbers of positive tests. People you wouldn't believe. People you'd never suspect, your LAST choice of who you think is doing drugs. No outward symptoms.

Comment

As long as they stick to gettin' hammered on booze, it's a-ok.
                          Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Not sure about the NASCAR policy but at least one high profile NHRA driver was suspended for failing a BAC test on race day.
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

this past weekend ? or was that the incident in vegas from a few years ago ?
                              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                                Not sure about the NASCAR policy but at least one high profile NHRA driver was suspended for failing a BAC test on race day.
                                Hell, NASCAR was built on booze...
                                Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Working...
                                X