Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ Allmendinger suspended for failing drug test.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ Allmendinger suspended for failing drug test.

Sam Hornish Jr. fills in at the very last minute. He landed back at Daytona at 7:25pm. Penske had already changed the seat, pedals, and steering column for him. The back up, back up plan was to get Kenny Wallace to dive in the car. Although, Kenny is the back up driver for Harvick who is on baby watch.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

So ya think he is guilty or inoccent?
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
      So ya think he is guilty or inoccent?
      I try not to judge people I've never met.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

It's a shame honestly, because no matter if he's innocent or guilty, his name has been tarnished.
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          I try not to judge people I've never met.
          Scott, you've got the totally open-minded Left Coast liberal frame of mind. A.J. tested positive for SOMETHING (the NASCAR guy was quite professionally discreet in the announcement, not saying what, and not allowing any questions).

A drug test is a drug test. Like falling down, or hitting a ball with a bat. Simple. Positive. Busted.

And I even watched the race tonight. I'll watch Daytona, if I pay enough attention to know it's on. Just to see the wreck on the last lap, because you know it's gonna happen.

And why don't they just race maybe 40 laps, till the cars are just about out of gas and tires? Might as well. The whole thing for hours is just about the last lap or two. Why delay it so long?
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
            It's a shame honestly, because no matter if he's innocent or guilty, his name has been tarnished.

I suppose the only things most folks would agree with is that the technology is -most likely- correct.

So yeah, prolly guilty, unless he can PROVE his inoccence.

eh? Is that right? is there a solution to this conundrum?

I believe that random testing is a fail of our society due to our increasingly litigous nature.
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Why announce it hours before a race he took the test last week. They knew the results during the week.

Guilty or not na$car should have said something sooner, if he was such a danger why let him practices.

Comment

Who (not me) woulda thought Jeremy Mayfield was on meth?

And he's still finding trouble:

Former NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Jeremy Mayfield has been ordered to pay $1 million to a postal carrier who was attacked at his country home by his five free-roaming dogs back in 2011. Court documents indicate that on April 21, 2011, Mary E. Bolton drove onto Mayfield’s property in order to deliver a package that […]

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  Scott, you've got the totally open-minded Left Coast liberal frame of mind. A.J. tested positive for SOMETHING (the NASCAR guy was quite professionally discreet in the announcement, not saying what, and not allowing any questions).

A drug test is a drug test. Like falling down, or hitting a ball with a bat. Simple. Positive. Busted.

And I even watched the race tonight. I'll watch Daytona, if I pay enough attention to know it's on. Just to see the wreck on the last lap, because you know it's gonna happen.

And why don't they just race maybe 40 laps, till the cars are just about out of gas and tires? Might as well. The whole thing for hours is just about the last lap or two. Why delay it so long?
                  Open minded, yes. Liberal? Thats insulting. Not even close. I've met tons of people who are celebs and found most of them are not even close to what the public perceives. I also think that who judge someone they have no idea who they really are, never met them, are ignorant a-holes.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott, I'm not about offending a soul on this earth. All I'm saying is that a drug test is not a "judge" per se. It is an absolute thing. It either is or ain't. Result? Conclusive.

And if I labeled you as liberal, and that's a bad thing to you, it's a geographic thing. Yep, we're ignorant a-holes in the South, and usually proud of it. So who's judging who?

Comment

Two words...
                      LANCE ARMSTRONG
                      Passed every test back when
                      Failing frozen samples taken at the same time
                      Conspiracy or not?

I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt... Considering the consquences of fighting it... Who is to say?
                      Says if you fight it, suspension is infinity (or something like that)

Comment

Scott, I'm not about offending a soul on this earth. All I'm saying is that a drug test is not a "judge" per se. It is an absolute thing. It either is or ain't. Result? Conclusive.

And if I labeled you as liberal, and that's a bad thing to you, it's a geographic thing. Yep, we're ignorant a-holes in the South, and usually proud of it. So who's judging who?
                        As good as technology is.........it can always be wrong.

Remember......it's all being handled by human beings.........and yep
                        we sometimes make mistakes.
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          As good as technology is.........it can always be wrong.

Remember......it's all being handled by human beings.........and yep
                          we sometimes make mistakes.
                          Hmmm maybe my plane is missing a wing, but according to Thump I can still land okay....we can get through this. It'll all be okay. If only I had Snow White as a copilot.

Comment

Scott is young the older you get the less liberal you are...

And let me add a disparaging comment about NASCAR. I totally agree with PW here, while I admit I don't watch it much it was on at a party we went to so I wached and listened for comments fromour friends. NOTHING went on FOREVER! until they got to the last lap or so then it seemed everyone found the gas pedal and started making some risky moves. The thing where the follow each other real close I don't get at all.
                            We went to a dirt circle track here last night and it was so exciting, I could relate much better it is more like my own commute. You pull out on the highway and you know everyone out there is your adversary, someone will pass or cut you off at any time, maybe give you a little push. the first couple laps seemed to weed out the bad drivers or the cars that were going to break then it was all out war, lots of maneuvering, cars throwing dirt clods into us as the shot by. I know people love NASCAR but it is just not for me. Oh well please don't judge
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Gail, I judge that we are like in kind. NASCAR used to really be something. Not any more. It's become a participant sport at the plate tracks. Boring as heck to watch. Until the last lap.

Comment

Working...
                              X