mopar copcar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mopar copcar

the guy has 2 383's for it one is the original PI and one is a drag engine from what he is saying. this thing is clean as all hell with a full tan interior (cop bench seat) and a roll cage. I thought i would snap a few pics and get some info on it so maybe I could hook someone up on a pretty cool ride if they want it. if you are going to mopar nats this summer it should be running there unless he sells it first.

anyway... sweet ride eh? :

Re: mopar copcar

Very Cool 8)

I love the stance.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I think I'd have to take the torsion bars down a tad - just a little too high in the nose for my taste, but easily remedied.

Dan

Comment

Dudes...I'm thinking it's sans motor.

Or he's a true Mopar freak and he's going for a tribute to the Ramchargers "High-n-Mighty" car.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

the front will come down when the engine is put back in. ;D

Comment

Maybe he's got the nose extra high to make up for the extra set of doors ;D

Not too bad looking sitting that high IMO.

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I can only beleive the trouble Dave and Chad would get into with that!

Comment

I think i am going to ride out and get another look at it. Im not a mopar guy but this needs a second look. Ill try to get a look at the engines he has for it and see whats going on there.

Comment

Here is a pic of my Chevelle when I used to do the race a cop program.......

Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

cool! so what do you think about siren and the light on top of the plymouth? would the owner get hassled by the man for driving with it mounted? (or playing with it in a parking lot) : no better way impress the ladies than a red flashing light on your hotrod. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by FORDGUY

For some reason, when I see this picture, a voice in my head says, "One Adam Twelve, One Adam Twelve... Four-eleven in progress, twenty two hundred north Kellogg....."

Ron
                      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I can carnk my tortion bars up that high...did it once just for fun.....it wast fun....coo looking car tho....

Comment

Emergency equipment on a street car (if you're not the man) is a big NO-NO. Colorado passed legislation recently that does not even allow any red or blue light that can be seen from the front of the vehicle.....we have had an outbreak of police impersonaters in the denver metro area so it's a huge problem. As far as parades/parkinglots/carshows and that kind of stuff, there are no laws that I know of that forbid it, just if it's being operated on a road/highway. I never drove mine on the street that way other than parades, I had an agreement with my chief that it would be trailer to and from events. I love those old "police" cars.
                          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Shocking, I know, but I have a refrence book on police vehicles and the 440 Cornet was the top end police car champ until the last generation Chevy Caprices hit the market with the LT1 in them.

I think the Caprice would run 147 WFO and the Plymouth (from 30 years prior) would run 145.

I'll check the book when I get home, but one of the print ads I remember vividly is a scene with a clone of the car pictured above with a Charger Daytona pulled over. Neat ad for the police package.

I wonder why these vehicles seem to have universal appeal to Hot Rodders? I know I dig 'em.

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

i would want to race that if i got pulled over...hope hes ready for a high speed chase or to

Comment

Working...
                              X