X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mopar copcar

Two words - Blues Brothers.

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    Shocking, I know, but I have a refrence book on police vehicles and the 440 Cornet was the top end police car champ until the last generation Chevy Caprices hit the market with the LT1 in them.

I think the Caprice would run 147 WFO and the Plymouth (from 30 years prior) would run 145.

I'll check the book when I get home, but one of the print ads I remember vividly is a scene with a clone of the car pictured above with a Charger Daytona pulled over. Neat ad for the police package.

I wonder why these vehicles seem to have universal appeal to Hot Rodders? I know I dig 'em.

Brian

Comment

My first car was a '68 Belvedere Cop Car. It was all white with all the markings removed and still had the spotlight on it. Dog dish hubcaps and all. I'd take it to the "cruise" spots on central avenue here in Phoenix (back in the early 70's) and wonder why everybody went so slow. I'd heard all these stories about all the cool street racing people would do down there. Then it dawned on me... it was MY fault. People would come creeping by me then make a pissed-off face when they saw a 16 yr old kid driving it! LOL

One Adam-12, see the man about a dumb kid holding up traffic!

Comment

an old blue crown vic will do the same thing ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Shocking, I know, but I have a refrence book on police vehicles and the 440 Cornet was the top end police car champ until the last generation Chevy Caprices hit the market with the LT1 in them.

I think the Caprice would run 147 WFO and the Plymouth (from 30 years prior) would run 145.

I'll check the book when I get home, but one of the print ads I remember vividly is a scene with a clone of the car pictured above with a Charger Daytona pulled over. Neat ad for the police package.

I wonder why these vehicles seem to have universal appeal to Hot Rodders? I know I dig 'em.

Brian

I remember that ad. The sheriff told the driver, "Boy, you in a heap o' trouble."

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by FORDGUY
            cool! so what do you think about siren and the light on top of the plymouth? would the owner get hassled by the man for driving with it mounted? (or playing with it in a parking lot) : no better way impress the ladies than a red flashing light on your hotrod. ;D
            I think that's pretty much a no-no everywhere. There was a 4-door '57 Chevy that would go to the Wheels of Time show in Macungie, PA every year. He'd ride around the grounds with the cherry on hitting the siren. But as soon as he got to the street, he had a cover for the light, and some of those vinyl magnets to cover the doors.
            sigpic

Comment

that would be funny as hell to see....

"excuse me ma'am but i pulled you over because your just so damn beautiful i couldnt watch the road, well instead of a ticket how about we just exchange numbers and we'll call it good"

if a real cop saw you though it would be bad, thats when you either get ready for the high speed chase or try to pull him over ;D

Comment

Around here there are a few ex-police Mustangs and a few '70s Mopars as well. They are used for shows and cruise nights only. They have to have a sign on them declaring them to be out of service.

Comment

cool. so someone may be able to get decals that say "out of service" and still look authentic.

Comment

Working...
                  X