Sell Red?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell Red?!?!

I'm in a condition where my left leg, knee, thigh, hip are hurting so bad...I'm not complaining, I'm just telling....

The NSAID drugs, by now I've taken all three of them twice. No, the pills aren't going to help this, whatever it is.

I took Spankie for a Red ride this mornnig, he loves his ride in his race car. He literally physically smiles at the A/C duct blowing his ears around...and enjoys the motion and ....well he can't see or hear. By now he just likes to ride.

So on the verge of the suggestion that Red and I should go drag racing, Sue Unit says we might as well sell Red if I'm not able to push in the clutch. (That part is currently real).

Plus, Unit was less than impressed with Red's photos in HRM. She said, "What, second in line?" With a hmmph.

I don't know what I'm appealing for here. Moral support?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I've had a hip replacement... Put it off 7 years to continue driving derby cars...
    I shift my truck by lifting my clutch leg up with my left hand... I can kinda hold my leg up...
    Same deal with my M22 in the 57 ...
    Being deaf... I need the right hand on the shifter to drive or an eagle eye on a tach in an auto car
    You'll do. Don't worry...

Comment

autos are fun. my next car most likely...part of my disablity is leg and hip..and the werid stuff it does to knee in the middle.

My left leg is a bummer. the sube is so small even a spec stage 1 is doable. I can't drive my dads rig..but the car, I am still doing easy enough.

if there was a hit or miss for pulverized. I use my toe to avoid the mangled heel..the route for muscle..just very lucky about a clutch. As long as it does not need a whole foot..ouch. that goes right to my hip and knee.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Sequential manual. Just.need.the clutch for stopping/ starting.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Or heaven forbid trade for an automatic. After driving trucks with 13 speeds all I want is an automatic. I tell people I'm old and shiftless.

Comment

I don't think I'd get rid of it- maybe here's a softer clutch out there? Didn't realize it made it into HRM- I'll have to pick that issue up! Is it the latest one?
            Originally posted by A/Fuel
            I have a set of super pants, they work great!

Comment

Oh hell no!
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Park it over here P-dud, ill take ya where ya need to go
                Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Well PW, I have been relegated to automatics since 2004. It helps that I build some nasty window rattling slushboxes. I would hold off on selling it, unless you are looking into something faster with an auto like a Corvette or even a 4th gen F body. The pain might go away after a while, or you might find out what is causing it and get it fixed.

Congrats on getting ink in the mag. I have gotten my Cougar in CC Readers Rides but that is as far as I have made it. You are doing better than quite a few of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                    Oh hell no!
                    Oh hell yes. This is....this is not good. All the way around. On what should be a very happy day. And yeah, it was just that. To me, at least. Most of it anyway.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I've got an automatic and would like a manual...just sayin'..

Seriously, I hope you feel better soon. This getting old shit sucks.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

2 words - paddle shifter
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Duck Clutch...........

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                            I've got an automatic and would like a manual...just sayin'..
                            And a solution presents itself.
                            Personally, I'd wait a bit to see what can be done about the leg situation but it's your life and your ride Peedub. Just because it doesn't have a stick doesn't mean it can't be fun. Of course if you trade Red, you'll have to set another record at the Ohio Mile.
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

I know it has been said but trading for a auto car would be a good option. The 5 speed auto is a good trans to 450hp or so. I think 3v cars are under rated be most people.

Comment

Working...
                              X