No announcement yet.

Sell Red?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've battered and beat my body to the point I can hardly walk some days .... I say get to the root of the problem and correct it. If after that it still makes the manual trans difficult, then maybe move to an auto or such ....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

or simply own both. I have the GTO, which is manual, and the Corvette and pickup which are both automatic.... maybe your lovely wife is trying to tell you to get another hot rod, this time an automatic
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Hydraulic??
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

The clutches are hydraulic on these car, not going to be able to reduce pedal effort much

Comment

PeeWee - No shame in going to a slushbox trans if you can't work a clutch. Disability sucks. Drag racing is very hard on stick shift transmissions and they tend to be more expensive than auto's because they seem to be more prone to breakage (generally speaking).

Auto's are more consistent too for an awfull lot of classes in drag racing... bracket racing for example. Do whatever ya gotta do to stay in the game. Cars are just too much fun to give up. imo.

i still reserve the right to make jokes if you do though.....

just kidding of course....

That paddle shifter idea sounds cool as does the hand operated clutches......
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Find out what's wrong with your joints first, then figure out what to do with the car.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                Find out what's wrong with your joints first, then figure out what to do with the car.
                Yep, there's good logic there John. The last time I was stuck in the medical community, frozen up and out of work for 4 months, "they" never figured out what's wrong with me because they can't take a picture of it.

Yesterday I gave up on the pills. They are just not doing a thing, this time around. And that part of the decade-long story is new. When they work(ed), yeah I'd be sure nuff messed up, hurt too bad to even drive an automatic, can't sit down. Or stand up, or lay down. But the right one of those three pills would have me 98% better and grinning again inside of two days. The most miraculous turnaroud anyone could believe unless they had felt the pain for themselves, and then the "better' that followed that.

And to clarify, I 'can" push the clutch in, but I scream when I do it. And when I get in and out of Red. Stylin' but cryin'. Just not worth it in this condition. I'd have never thought I'd look at Red and think, "I'm not driving that," before getting into Bubba the Truck to go to work. I'dda never thought it.

And thanks to all for the discussion. All great input under the circumstances for sure.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Buy a new driver and race red.I had to sell a pinto in88 because of a bad knee.I found out that if I did not drive a clutch daily I could still race one.

Comment

I'm 6 ft tall (before age shrinking). Have a 30 inch inseam. Fords make my hip/leg ache on long trips.. I folded a rug and use it on the floor and it helps.. It's only 2-3 inches thick.. The 3 chevvys do not do that to me...

Comment

Swap in a dual disc clutch, more grab, less effort.

If just getting in the car is too much of a pain, then its time to look to a different mode of transportation. Provided that this isn't a transient medical situation. If you think its long term, then you need to find something that you would enjoy driving given your physical condition.
                      I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                        Swap in a dual disc clutch, more grab, less effort.

If just getting in the car is too much of a pain, then its time to look to a different mode of transportation. Provided that this isn't a transient medical situation. If you think its long term, then you need to find something that you would enjoy driving given your physical condition.
                        This is a really big thing to me. Everybody has their issues, and I have mine. Having to leave Red alone would be just devastating.

And every time I get in trouble with the pain, I always think, this is really IT. I can't go like this.

This evening, it's actually a lot better, without the pills, and after all, the best doctors can't name it, whatever it is.

I'm infamous for being melodramatic....but I can't believe it. The pain is easing substantially. I just went out and got into Red and mashed the clutch and then got back out. Didn't yell OW a single time.

I'm planning to drive Red to work in the morning. But the morning, historically, could be a whole different situation...

I think I'm going to drive Red in the morning. If I had to, I could do it right this minute....

Film at eleven. Tomorrow. I only wish this ailment had a name. It's beyond weird. And ohhhh so hurty.

Comment

I'd say mind over matter... In my youth many years ago..yeah! Now with the aches and pains I have..mind loses most of the time..
                          It does just piss me off to think I have to have pills to function... Mind.. Over... Matter... Hmmm takes too much time nowadays.
                          Pop, glug...30 min or less..hobble hobble walk walk... ..

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                            This is a really big thing to me. Everybody has their issues, and I have mine. Having to leave Red alone would be just devastating.

And every time I get in trouble with the pain, I always think, this is really IT. I can't go like this.

This evening, it's actually a lot better, without the pills, and after all, the best doctors can't name it, whatever it is.

I'm infamous for being melodramatic....but I can't believe it. The pain is easing substantially. I just went out and got into Red and mashed the clutch and then got back out. Didn't yell OW a single time.

I'm planning to drive Red to work in the morning. But the morning, historically, could be a whole different situation...

I think I'm going to drive Red in the morning. If I had to, I could do it right this minute....

Film at eleven. Tomorrow. I only wish this ailment had a name. It's beyond weird. And ohhhh so hurty.
                            if I had a dollar for each time I heard "well, we can't find anything" followed within 4 weeks of "we've never seen that before" I'd be a millionaire. F***ing doctors. Did I mention how I really feel about doctors?
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

What you didn't like the Duck Clutch??, Operate the clutch with your finger from the gearshift, how simple is that........ No Leg Needed......

Comment

My "mind" doesn't "matter" when I'm in excruciating pain. I can't think my way through it, maybe some superheroes can, I cant. Don't see how anybody human can. Or I'm just not good at it. Should be by now, from all the experience I've had. No, it doesn't get any better, dealing with pain.

I'm driving Red tomorrow. Well, we'll see.....

Comment

Working...
                                X