Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deiselgeek-I'm calling you out (in a friendly way)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't have said it better myself Bill.... Scott's not a Car guy as much as he's a Tuner.... he loves a challenge ... I count him as one of my Friends... but I also Count Alex one of my Friends.... like Oil and water... somethings just don't mix....it's like comparing apples to schnapps ... or Cool-aid....

K

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk View Post
      Couldn't have said it better myself Bill.... Scott's not a Car guy as much as he's a Tuner.... he loves a challenge ... I count him as one of my Friends... but I also Count Alex one of my Friends.... like Oil and water... somethings just don't mix....it's like comparing apples to schnapps ... or Cool-aid....

K
      Oh Yeaahhh, I like the Cool-aid......

Comment

Well, this is going in an unexpected direction. haha. I just figure if he can bust my balls, he can also show his personal attachment to the hobby. Not, just running around the country making money. I make money too. But, I fuel my passion for the hobby with that money. I'd just be curious to see if performance is just an income, or he indulges as well. Also, I hope to God that when he's my age he's in as good a shape and has the thousands of very interesting experiences I cherish for memories. And if he doesn't, I hope he laughs to himself when some young dude calls HIM old as he reflects back on the times he did it to me. I hope he says, that F*cking Groucho, God rest his soul, NOW I see where he was coming from. LOL
        Last edited by groucho; July 11, 2012, 04:51 PM.
        STUGOTS

Comment

I figure within 5-10 years EFI will have evolved past the point of the need for Tuners, as they grow up Self-Tuning EFI systems the need for his services will become rare and maybe even extinct, like the way of the Carburetor will go as EFI becomes cheaper and cheaper...... Then all he'll be left with are stories of what once was........... I think the reason DG doesn't have a project car is because he doesn't want to look like me and have projects sitting around that don't get done......... But then if he did, he'd have the experience of what it's like to build a project and what it takes to get one completed.......
          Last edited by TC; July 11, 2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
            I figure within 5-10 years EFI will have evolved past the point of the need for Tuners, as they grow up Self-Tuning EFI systems the need for his services will become rare and maybe even extinct, like the way of the Carburetor will go as EFI becomes cheaper and cheaper...... Then all he'll be left with are stories of what once was........... I think the reason DG doesn't have a project car is because he doesn't want to look like me and have projects sitting around that don't get done......... But then if he did, he'd have the experience of what it's like to build a project and what it takes to get one completed.......
            that is interesting point.
            carbs bounced around in history..the first of anything that improved the whole industry remained anonymous unsung heros. kinda like a wiper delay.

the electric choke.. I saw one in an early 60s photo. history has it written a decade later.

I bet scott added something. Won't get much credit.

the self learning.. even subaru had one in 1987- a true dynamical maf that even had maine at 38mpg all freaking year round. The scinence exists...a king steps up half assed declaring a standard, true knowledge in the nerd world runs away. See why it takes so long to reel in the past and call it future?

when scott or anyone like him does get a car, I bet he gets the "most views" if a public garage.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 11, 2012, 05:07 PM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
              I bet scott added something. Won't get much credit.

Ya like my friend Bob........... Just dust in the wind.........

Comment

Hey Groucho.... I know exactly what your saying... but here's the deal....he's getting the same thing you and I are getting out of it.... He truly digs this crap.... but his gig is how much better he can make X W or Z do... S R and T.... it's his memorable experiences...

Frankly like all gears heads he might not be as Socially elitist cause he doesn't Drive a Ford, Dodge, or Chevrolet.... But he's one of us....

Your gig isn't eaking the last two ounces of HP out of the Same damn SBC over and Over again.... your thing is making stuff look and run disco bitchen.... you do that exceptionally well.... and I for one truly dig your style and the looks of the junk you put out..... But you have to understand..... there are folks out there that actually like Ricers and BMW's.... ( God Forbid )....

So Scott's what he is.... and we be what we are..... bout that simple

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk View Post
                  your thing is making stuff look and run disco bitchen.

I was think of putting disco balls on the Monte........

Comment

Some people get get their kicks from this hobby from building, driving and racing their own hot rods. Others get their kicks from helping others reach their dreams. Scott falls into the latter. His passion for the hobby is all about helping others get the most of our their hot rods. There is a real rush when you help someone with their car and they drive away with a huge smile on their face. It's the only reason why I work of friends' cars. Seeing them smile and mash the gas after I fix something or make the car better to drive is my only real incentive to do it. ( OK, I get to test drive their cars too)

There is a real selflessness from someone who works a day job and on weekends flies all over the country to help others tune their race cars. I feel that is extremely commendable.

To me, it doesn't matter that he doesn't have a hot rod himself. So what? He is no different and no less respectable than that owner of a speed shop who sells parts all day to racers, helps guys with their street machines; but only drives a beat up old pickup truck himself. Everyone has a place in the hobby and DG's isn't selfish at all.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I *just* got home from work & logged into BS.com. I think Groucho is just giving me a well deserved ration of crap..!

My garage has some mildly interesting gearhead stuff inside. I was raised on a farm I like stuff like tractors, trucks, diesel engines, electronics, RC and full scale airplanes, & ham radio stuff.

Groucho and I almost got to meet on a tuning trip to SoCal, but he had to bail at the last minute. No big deal, I want to meet the guy someday.

thanks to my good pals who say nice things! oh and you too Keith. :-)
                      Last edited by dieselgeek; July 11, 2012, 06:26 PM.
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                        I *just* got home from work & logged into BS.com. I think Groucho is just giving me a well deserved ration of crap..!

My garage has some mildly interesting gearhead stuff inside. I was raised on a farm I like stuff like tractors, trucks, diesel engines, electronics & ham radio stuff.

Groucho and I almost got to meet on a tuning trip to SoCal, but he had to bail at the last minute. No big deal, I want to meet the guy someday.

Hey man, how's it going? This thread's been fun, although it took a different direction from what I expected. Seems if you ever decide to "swing" for the other team....there's a lot of guys here that seem they'd be happy to have "groupy" sex with you. LMAO. And thanks for that invite months ago. I would've liked that had I been able to make it. So, just how old are you that you keep calling me old?
                        Last edited by groucho; July 11, 2012, 06:29 PM.
                        STUGOTS

Comment

My garage has some mildly interesting gearhead stuff inside. I was raised on a farm I like stuff like tractors, trucks, diesel engines, electronics, RC and full scale airplanes, & ham radio stuff.

You've got some good interests there........your old friend Don Wolf is big into tractors.

How about a tuning trip if I add this to the W motor.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                            Well, this is going in an unexpected direction. haha. I just figure if he can bust my balls, he can also show his personal attachment to the hobby. Not, just running around the country making money. I make money too. But, I fuel my passion for the hobby with that money. I'd just be curious to see if performance is just an income, or he indulges as well. Also, I hope to God that when he's my age he's in as good a shape and has the thousands of very interesting experiences I cherish for memories. And if he doesn't, I hope he laughs to himself when some young dude calls HIM old as he reflects back on the times he did it to me. I hope he says, that F*cking Groucho, God rest his soul, NOW I see where he was coming from. LOL

I indulge. The adrenaline rush of a car you helped set up stomping everything in its path, whether that's a record on the dirt/salt, a class win at drag week, or helping the south Omaha low buck kid put together his zero bucks turbo mustang - it doesn't matter, I enjoy the rush of a mission accomplished.

And don't tell me my passion is far off the path of the original hotrodders... we don't remember guys like mickey thompson or Al Teague for their tastes in clear coats!
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I feel no need to defend DG because He's more than able to do that himself and I think groucho was just joking. That said he has helped me more than once and i give him credit for starting me tuning efi. I would bet he would rather build a plane than a car.
                              Last edited by Paul Whalen; July 11, 2012, 08:26 PM.
                              used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

You don't own a camera or something?! Now I'm really curious to see what's in there!
                                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X