Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deiselgeek-I'm calling you out (in a friendly way)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
    Don't count yourself the winner so fast... I know very well how to work with my hands, and 80% of "tuning" has jack shit to do with a laptop. Let's see you wire up 200+ circuits, set up data logging, figure out how to make 2000+hp without blowing up a $70K engine - in 3 weekends' time, 1000+ miles from home. Your cars are pushed hard if they're headed to the grocery store - I can't get off the hook that easy!

Meanwhile, I am not shabby with my hands - I disassembled a wrecked, all -aluminum airplane - and put it all back together (4000+ rivets bucked by hand, no squeezers), and flew it. If your car dies, you pull over to the side of the road, right?

I doubt it, but whatever.

I don't mean to belittle your work, but... seriously? is that the best you can show us? come on dude.
    I'm not claiming winner. I'm just letting you know this old guy's far from using a God damn walker. Be-little my work all you want. My skin's thicker than that. It was all I had handy in photos to reflect some of what I do here with my hands....at my age. What did you feel needed critiquing in that 4 speed conversion? My money still says you can't keep up with me now, and I'll bet it all you're "done" by the time you're my age. Seriously. I'm not just poking sticks here. I hang out mostly with guys a lot younger than myself because none of the guys my age can keep up. So, keep talkin shit and hope to God you're not like the other guys my age when YOU get here....in 20 minutes
    Last edited by groucho; July 12, 2012, 02:20 PM.
    STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
      Does Pay Per View count?
      100% LIVE buddy. DG would cry himself to bed if he had a clue what I was doing at his age. No bullshit
      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
        I'm not claiming winner. Be-little my work all you want. My skin's thicker than that. It was all I had handy in photos to reflect some of what I do here with my hands....at my age. What did you feel needed critiquing in that 4 speed conversion? My money still says you can't keep up with me now, and I'll bet it all you're "done" by the time you're my age. Seriously. I'm not just poking sticks here. I hang out mostly with guys a lot younger than myself because none of the guys my age can keep up. So, keep talkin shit and hope to God you're not like the other guys my age when YOU get here....in 20 minutes
        Like I *already* said, I'm not belittling your work, but the cliffs notes of what you said is this:

1. Tuning is simply stroking keys on a laptop (WRONG)
        2. Groucho at his age is so awesome, he can weld in a patch panel and use armor all and windex on a dirty engine

I was kinda expecting more, I know you've done harder jobs than that.

Meanwhile, you didn't pay any attention to what I shared so, enjoy the rest of your self-centric afternoon!
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I have to say, Groucho has some super bitchin cars. I dig them, and him. He's always fun to hang out with and tell stories. Plus, he's hard core. He goes to every event he can possibly hit which means at least a couple per week.

Scott is exactly the same way, but he's hanging out with other people's cars most of the time. He's tuning at least one car per week and traveling all over the country to do it. Plus, I hate to let people know this because it might tarnish his reputation, but he's starting to really study carburetors on some projects that are testing both EFI and the carbs.
          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
            Like I *already* said, I'm not belittling your work, but the cliffs notes of what you said is this:

1. Tuning is simply stroking keys on a laptop (WRONG)
            2. Groucho at his age is so awesome, he can weld in a patch panel and use armor all and windex on a dirty engine

I was kinda expecting more, I know you've done harder jobs than that.

Meanwhile, you didn't pay any attention to what I shared so, enjoy the rest of your self-centric afternoon!
            I paid attention to what you wrote. You did 200 circuits and 4000 rivets. Awesome. Yes, I've done lots harder stuff. I'm not smart enough load pics to show MANY of "MY" cars, including a tube chassis 41 Willys I built for me from nothing (with my OLDER neighbor's help) with an all aluminum KB500 for a "driver" a few years back. As I said it's all I had handy in pictures depicting that I do WORK at my age. And in all seriousness. Pray to God junebug that you're able to do what I do when you're my age. Then reflect back in what an asshole you're being here.
            Last edited by groucho; July 12, 2012, 02:44 PM.
            STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
              I have to say, Groucho has some super bitchin cars. I dig them, and him. He's always fun to hang out with and tell stories. Plus, he's hard core. He goes to every event he can possibly hit which means at least a couple per week.

Scott is exactly the same way, but he's hanging out with other people's cars most of the time. He's tuning at least one car per week and traveling all over the country to do it. Plus, I hate to let people know this because it might tarnish his reputation, but he's starting to really study carburetors on some projects that are testing both EFI and the carbs.
              Thanks Chad.....and hearing from you now makes me realize I haven't seen you around for a while. Like I said earlier....I couldn't work on other's cars and not have my own toy. Makes zero sense to me. So chances are I'll never respect what DG does. Chad, still got your card/#. I need to call you to join in my next adventure. Looked @ this today

Last edited by groucho; July 12, 2012, 02:43 PM.
              STUGOTS

Comment

I'm not claiming winner. I'm just letting you know this old guy's far from using a God damn walker. Be-little my work all you want. My skin's thicker than that. It was all I had handy in photos to reflect some of what I do here with my hands....at my age. What did you feel needed critiquing in that 4 speed conversion? My money still says you can't keep up with me now, and I'll bet it all you're "done" by the time you're my age. Seriously. I'm not just poking sticks here. I hang out mostly with guys a lot younger than myself because none of the guys my age can keep up. So, keep talkin shit and hope to God you're not like the other guys my age when YOU get here....in 20 minutes
                WOW sound like you have hit your Second Childhood with all the crying do you need a tissue?

Who are you trying to impress. I would take him up on it Geek! Next install and tune, let him fly in and throw the wires and ign and EFI stuff on the table, say you will be back at 5:00, it should be running and tuned by then.

I mean, if he can keep up with you.
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                  WOW sound like you have hit your Second Childhood with all the crying do you need a tissue?

Who are you trying to impress. I would take him up on it Geek! Next install and tune, let him fly in and throw the wires and ign and EFI stuff on the table, say you will be back at 5:00, it should be running and tuned by then.

I don't mess with that stuff. I'm more nuts and bolts (carbs/points). But, I "get" it. You're one of the "groupies". You've made that clear. Also, you miss my point by a mile.
                  Last edited by groucho; July 12, 2012, 03:21 PM.
                  STUGOTS

Comment

seems some folks took some friendly (sorta) banter down a different road....
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post

I don't think he's trying to impress anyone, just sick of listening to a guy that never built a car, act like he knows everything about building one......... well that and the constant attacks he does on me and other people, I'm sure by now people have gotten the point, sooner or later you start looking like the troll to......... And frankly it's just the way DG is, if you Google his screen name, he comes up in all sorts of other forums were he's doing the same thing that he does to me here but with other people, he even does it over at SpeedTalk.......
                      Last edited by TC; July 12, 2012, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                        I don't think he's trying to impress anyone, just sick of listening to a guy that never built a car, act like he knows everything about building one......... well that and the constant attacks he does on me and other people, I'm sure by now people have gotten the point, sooner or later you start looking like the troll to......... And frankly it's just the way DG is, if you Google his screen name, he comes up in all sorts of other forums were he's doing the same thing that he does to me here but with other people, he even does it over at SpeedTalk.......
                        You mean there are other car forums?
                        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                          Only poopy on ones.
                          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Shit, watch out, you'll be my age in 20 minutes, no bullshit. Wait and see how time flies. I make a daily deal out of working with tools and my bare hands while you poke at a laptop. And I'm the old man? You couldn't come close to keeping up with me in my shop. I guarantee I'd work circles around you. That's no bullshit there. Here's a 4 speed conversion on a customer's 2+2, and a couple engine details I've done (1 minor and 1 major). Shitty pics, and out of sequence for some reason (maybe I don't have the nerd gene for computers?), but you get the point. Tap that into your laptop Junebug
                            I saw that big red beautiful ride at Bob's Friday.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Always some good reading over at GM Modern Muscle.......

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                                Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                                Only poopy on ones.
                                There's the JNC Forums, where black paint fixes everything.
                                (These guys think painting a part black means it's rebuilt, seriously they do)

Comment

Working...
                                X