Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deiselgeek-I'm calling you out (in a friendly way)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by groucho View Post
    I don't mess with that stuff. I'm more nuts and bolts (carbs/points). But, I "get" it. You're one of the "groupies". You've made that clear. Also, you miss my point by a mile.
    Yeah I get his stuff, Groupie? Naa But call it what ever works for you. I dont get your Wille Nut Hugging but if it floats your Boat and Works for you go ahead. "I dont mess with that stuff", I take as you cant keep up and you know it, the World left the Station in 1970 for you. Live in the Past, it keeps you in a Nice place, just dont claim you can hang when you cant live in the here and now, and the Past is just that, Do you still where your Letter Jacket to the Car Shows?
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      seems some folks took some friendly (sorta) banter down a different road....

It was not ment as freindly Banter, that was plain to see from the Start. You dont question a Guys Passion about his Hobbie when he spends 1/2 his day working on it. Then try to write it off like it does not count, when you get called out yourself. By just saying "I dont mess with that stuff", I think Geek can take his place much easier than he can Geeks, that plain to see.

TC why dont you show us a running master peice of yours? The two of you guys are a fine pair BOTH Living in the Past.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
        Always some good reading over at GM Modern Muscle.......

http://www.gmmodernmuscle.com/forums...ee98d13c8cdd94
        What's your point TC?
        Nick Smithberg
        www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

I don't think he's trying to impress anyone, just sick of listening to a guy that never built a car, act like he knows everything about building one.
          I've seen people bring this up multiple times over the years. Does it really matter in the end? Does it give him more credibility? Our hobby is an expensive and extremely time consuming one. With all of the traveling he does I know he doesn't have the time to be dedicated to a project like that at this time so why would he have something laying around collecting dust? I'm sure he has some personal achievements he'd like to reach with his tuning abilities and to me looks like has has done really well for himself. If you can impress some BIG names in the industry with what you do then that means something. When he gets a project down the road and if he is still in my neck of the woods I'd glady help work on it with him to help put this issue to bed.
          Last edited by BOSSMAN; July 13, 2012, 05:14 AM.
          Nick Smithberg
          www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Thanks Chad.....and hearing from you now makes me realize I haven't seen you around for a while. Like I said earlier....I couldn't work on other's cars and not have my own toy. Makes zero sense to me. So chances are I'll never respect what DG does. Chad, still got your card/#. I need to call you to join in my next adventure. Looked @ this today

Not that I am concerned with what you think of me Groucho, but I sure am glad you posted this pic because THAT is something worth showing!! You drove that on the street too?
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

sick of listening to a guy that never built a car, act like he knows everything about building one.........

Alex, the best thing about you is the total irony in which your life exists. That's the funniest thing I read on here all day long!
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

BangShift..things to come? History repeating itself?

Last edited by JOES66FURY; July 13, 2012, 06:34 AM.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I'll be 63 yrs young next Tuesday........living the past helps keeps me young.

Groucho and DG are both cool guys.
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                    I'll be 63 yrs young next Tuesday........living the past helps keeps me young.

Groucho and DG are both cool guys.

old enuff to be my pa....the jobs availible, mine is indiffernt to me and the family...you interested LOL!
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                      Not that I am concerned with what you think of me Groucho, but I sure am glad you posted this pic because THAT is something worth showing!! You drove that on the street too?
                      I went to look at it yesterday. I'm thinking about buying it. If I do, it goes on the street after I make a bunch of changes

Last edited by groucho; July 13, 2012, 06:57 AM.
                      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                        Yeah I get his stuff, Groupie? Naa But call it what ever works for you. I dont get your Wille Nut Hugging but if it floats your Boat and Works for you go ahead. "I dont mess with that stuff", I take as you cant keep up and you know it, the World left the Station in 1970 for you. Live in the Past, it keeps you in a Nice place, just dont claim you can hang when you cant live in the here and now, and the Past is just that, Do you still where your Letter Jacket to the Car Shows?
                        Wow, you STILL don't get it.
                        STUGOTS

Comment

Well, this is going in an unexpected direction. haha. I just figure if he can bust my balls, he can also show his personal attachment to the hobby. Not, just running around the country making money. I make money too. But, I fuel my passion for the hobby with that money. I'd just be curious to see if performance is just an income, or he indulges as well. Also, I hope to God that when he's my age he's in as good a shape and has the thousands of very interesting experiences I cherish for memories. And if he doesn't, I hope he laughs to himself when some young dude calls HIM old as he reflects back on the times he did it to me. I hope he says, that F*cking Groucho, God rest his soul, NOW I see where he was coming from. LOL
                          WOW your all about you

Comment

Look, groucho is groucho and that's what makes him a lot of fun to have on this forum. I think everyone's taking his ribbing a little too seriously!

I know I could meet him in person and have a total blast checking out his garage and rides.

Meanwhile, everyone in the room who's had their car on the entire cover of Hot Rod magazine, please stand up! as far as I know, that's only Groucho. You have to respect that. I certainly do, I'm pretty sure he knows this.

Comment

Thanks Chad.....and hearing from you now makes me realize I haven't seen you around for a while. Like I said earlier....I couldn't work on other's cars and not have my own toy. Makes zero sense to me. So chances are I'll never respect what DG does. Chad, still got your card/#. I need to call you to join in my next adventure. Looked @ this today

Dude, I'm in. Email or call me. I'm up for the adventure!
                              Last edited by BangShiftChad; July 13, 2012, 08:48 AM.
                              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                                Look, groucho is groucho and that's what makes him a lot of fun to have on this forum. I think everyone's taking his ribbing a little too seriously!

I know I could meet him in person and have a total blast checking out his garage and rides.

Meanwhile, everyone in the room who's had their car on the entire cover of Hot Rod magazine, please stand up! as far as I know, that's only Groucho. You have to respect that. I certainly do, I'm pretty sure he knows this.

It makes me laugh because this is how we are in the military...we like eachother and give each other so much shit it would make normal folks break down and cry or go postal and spray everyone in the room with an AK....Some folks here take shit like this personaly, I jsut dont get it....

I'd like to hang out with both Groucho and DG...they seem like my kind of assholes (in the good way)! LMAO!

Comment

Working...
                                X