Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deiselgeek-I'm calling you out (in a friendly way)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deiselgeek-I'm calling you out (in a friendly way)

This guy's been giving me a ration of shit for some time. Hey, I dish it out, so I can take it, so I'm in no way at all upset. I just figure tit for tat. He's on me for being OLD and accuses me of getting excited over silly little things that I try to share with the guys on here. Most of whom I like a lot. So, I ask, what's in YOUR garage DG? And I mean cars with YOUR name on the title. Long story short, I wanna know....am I kissin your ass, or are you kissin mine? LOL
    Attached Files
    Last edited by groucho; July 11, 2012, 02:57 PM.
    STUGOTS

I'm in the pee-nut gallery here, but I have to fall back on one of Scott Ligget's staple lines: "Have you guys even ever met each other?"

Or is it just an internet thing?
    Last edited by pdub; July 11, 2012, 03:21 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

are those rental cars ?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
        are those rental cars ?
        Okay, for lack of knowledge I give up. I can counsel at work, I sure can't counsel here...
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I don't know how he'd have the time to work on his own cars, I think he's only been home 3 weekends this year. You see, he flys around and gets paid to work on other folks cars.

I know where you're going Groucho, and I understand your train of thought. But we're mixing apples with oranges.
          I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            Okay, for lack of knowledge I give up. I can counsel at work, I sure can't counsel here...
            You are wise beyond your years.
            I'm still learning

Comment

I get paid to work on junk japanese cars and laugh at the co workers
              I love this country

Comment

If Scott were in the make-things-look-nice business instead of the make-things-go-fast business, he'd probably appreciate your rides more.

It's definitely an apples vs. oranges thing. or more like apples vs. houses. You're that far apart in your automotive tastes
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  I get paid to work on junk japanese cars and laugh at the co workers
                  I love this country
                  Thanks Spidey, been a while since you made me laugh, I appreciate it.
                  I'm still learning

Comment

Ooohh ooohhh can I show whats in my garage too? Well, one of them?

If DG was less busy making everyones EFI car run or run faster, he might just build something, then again he might not. No idea what really makes him tick. Considering the hardware the guy has worked on, he has been involved in some high end stuff that has gotten lots of ink. Being a behind the scenes guy has advantages and disadvantages.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                      Being a behind the scenes guy has advantages and disadvantages.
                      If you don't mind driving a hondacar, it's probably not a disadvantage. Which is hard for some of us to comprehend.
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Isnt this what the Bangshift garage is for? "Take it out to the garage" my wife tells me when my buddies and I get too excited about "things"...
                        www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                        Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Did everyone forget he's a TI guy and works in an office all week long......... The EFI stuff is his side gig........

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                          I'm an I/T Director here, and I am one of few that have admin rights on my own laptop, most of my guys are running Linux on their desktops/laptops and figured I'd be converting here soon enough. So I haven't messed with it yet.
                          Last edited by TC; July 11, 2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            If you don't mind driving a hondacar, it's probably not a disadvantage. Which is hard for some of us to comprehend.
                            Honda's are for little old ladies.........

Comment

Scott (Dieselgeek) has been a great friend and collaborator with me, helping me get from zero to well above zero in the EFI conversion process. Scott, least of all among people I know, doesn't need others to defend his 'calls it he sees it" approach, but I will call BS on the "how many cars do you own or have built yourself" measure of internet posting relevance or for that matter in any other form of auto hobby communication.

I believe it has more to do with the quality of information and response provided by someone, not have they hacked up a hundred cars, or gone 3's in the quarter or own a bunch on non-running heaps or whatever. If there is a difference of point of view, great, and Groucho I think you are right to raise the issue if you have a beef, the decision to play it out in public so to speak is yours too.

I have exactly one car that I seriously wrench on at the moment and I expect that in some peoples' view that makes me lame, I don't care. I'm blown away by your collection or Thumpi455's or George Poteet's for that matter, but I will still post when I want to and everyone here decides whether I'm full of sh*t or not. Same for DG. He's my friend and to quote Doc Holiday, I don't have many friends and I stand by his right to say what he wants regardless of whether he has a garage full of cars or none.

I see you having the same right. Take it outside boys.
                              Last edited by CDMBill; July 11, 2012, 04:12 PM.
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                              X