my 5 speed monte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 5 speed monte

finally got it in, im sure those of you from the old HR forum may remember me pursing parts for this
    its never done but atleast its driveable

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Re: my 5 speed monte

Nicely Done....Gotta love bangin' your own gears ;D ;D

So give us the full scoop..

Whattya got?

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Always liked that body style.... it's another one of those cars that fall into a wierd but Very cool category...

It's a car I really don't want... but I want you to do it so I can look at it and enjoy it... sorta like ... now ain't that cool... I should have thought of that...

And All Real cars have stick's

Keith

Comment

Nice job. Good enough to be mistaken for stock.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

dont cringe to hard...but nothing fancy

Its a TBI 4.3V6 with an Edelbrock TBI intake, and soon to be Holley TBI Unit (direct replacement but bigger bores,injectos) High flow dynomax cat and muffler with a TBICHIPS.com chip.
          3.42's and and auburn limitedslip.

Homeownership has taken priority over my ride now but in the works are 4.3 vortec heads and cam or if i could get it priced right a late model 4.3 and ECM setup form a manual S10.

Comment

Were you able to use the V6 Malibu manual trans stuff to do that swap? When I was growing up, a neighbour across the street from me had one of those cars, the wife would always lug the poor thing up the driveway in 3rd gear. ;D

cheers
            Ed N.
            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

well i bought the G-body bell and fork(if you havent seen one its a bit weird) but ended up going with an 83 f-body bell housing as it has the clutch fork tilted 17 degress like the g-body and its for a mechanical linkage,also the trans mount holes are tilted because the t5 in a cmaro is tilted towards the driver, when mounted up the rear trans mounts horizontal, if i would have used the g-body bell the trans mount would have been tilted downward....that was a mouthful.....

anyway V8 bell and trans and i actually was able to use the stock crossmember after i elogated the hole

yes the mount is not centered to the trans mount, the th200C v6 mount is a 2 peice mount with the stud off center,it was this was with the stock trans in place. odd little buger wish i had taken more pics of it....anyway if it had been a factory th350 car the mount pad on the crossmember would have been centered as would the trans mount and then you just elongate the hole like stated.

Comment

Working...
              X