I dare Ya! Build a huffed BBC Prius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dare Ya! Build a huffed BBC Prius

Get CarJunkie.com some publicity. Build a blown big block Chevy powered Prius, the ultimate automotive anomaly! Of course you'd have to paint it green too. Or, would that be illegal to do in California?

Re: I dare Ya! Build a huffed BBC Prius

Interesting concept. But I'd go with a Ford FE, a Nailhead, or some other weird engine, but that's just me.

Even scarier - my wife is starting to crave one of those things. I really don't mind her having a fuel-efficient vehicle, but the Prius is just too darn UGLY! I think she's trying to take me off track by pointing out Pontiac Aztecs and saying "That's kind of cute". AARRggghhhhh!!! If she's really gonna do something like that, I've tried to steer her toward a Honda Civic Hybrid - at least it looks like a car, sort of. As opposed to pregnant pollywog. Or a Camry Hybrid - at least it looks like a Camry. A couple of her friends have Priuses, so I guess there's some peer group pressure goin' on.

Please send me support (prayers, animal sacrifice - or whatever you do)

Dan

PS - that reminds me - what does Chad do at ritual sacrifices? "Not her - she's too cute! Let's find an ugly cow."

Comment

keep in mind that a prius or any hybrid will NOT deliver the fuel economy they promise in the real world, especially if you drive a bunch on the highway.

steer her toward a diesel -- that will ALWAYS knock down good FE.... no matter how you drive.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
        Please send me support (prayers, animal sacrifice - or whatever you do)
        How about I sacrifice some dinos, one gallon at a time ;D
        sigpic

Comment

My Father traded his Crown Vic in for a Toyota Prius a few years ago. Now my youngest sister has one too. I don't like to admit that too often. :-[ They get 45-50 mpg, but they drive in the city alot, with some commuting on the highway. That's where these cars really shine, when you can sit in stop and go traffic all day and not use the gas engine. On the highway at speed, they don't deliver any better MPG than any other small 4 cyl. car, but it averages out to high 40's when you are traveling miles per day without having to use any gas at all.

Comment

i will do it only if i get to put hemi heads on it......but isnt a Huffing BBC as big as a prius is? hell it has to weigh more then that little tinker toy(im sorry for offending tinker toys by that statement)

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerko
              Get CarJunkie.com some publicity. Build a blown big block Chevy powered Prius, the ultimate automotive anomaly! Of course you'd have to paint it green too. Or, would that be illegal to do in California?
              That would offend so many people ... I love it!

Comment

The name escapes me currently but one of the top dog Import drag racing teams runs a Prius body on their car.

I hope it's a stout BBC or you'll get your lunch eaten by the turbo motor in that thing.

Lemme do some diggin'.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

if you built a BBC and it gets its lunch eaten by a 4 banger turbo motor then YOUR not ever touching my BBC...no replacement for displacement,especially when it has hemi heads

Comment

Oh god, let's not go down this road again....

Brian

Comment

I know, Milner. Been trying. Trouble is, none of her buddys have Diesels. BTW - VW is bringing out a Diesel Passat w/proper aftertreatment for 08, so it should be spotless. I'd wait a year or two for them to get the bugs out. If not for those damn Bosch electrics.........

Dan

Originally posted by milner351
                      keep in mind that a prius or any hybrid will NOT deliver the fuel economy they promise in the real world, especially if you drive a bunch on the highway.

steer her toward a diesel -- that will ALWAYS knock down good FE.... no matter how you drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        The name escapes me currently but one of the top dog Import drag racing teams runs a Prius body on their car.

I hope it's a stout BBC or you'll get your lunch eaten by the turbo motor in that thing.

Lemme do some diggin'.

Brian
                        a nice turbo buick v6 would handle that import
                        or an ecotec 4 - GM owns import drags !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                          Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

Lemme do some diggin'.

Brian
                          a nice turbo buick v6 would handle that import
                          or an ecotec 4 - GM owns import drags !!!
                          the man is a genius...GM made the only "ok" 4 banger

Comment

Just so the record will clearly show...

What "was" the only "ok" 'banger that GM made?

Brian

Comment

didnt old novas(i mean chevy 2) come with 4 bangers?? im pretty sure

isnt the ecotec a Inline 4?

offy is a bitchin company....

Comment

Working...
                              X