No announcement yet.

Progressive insurance's black box "money saver"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if 3M makes a black helicopter special which is a Tinfoil Wrap for my car

Comment

A government should be afraid of its people, not the other way around.
      Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by happy39 View Post
        Big Brother is all around us! We are getting much closer to a revolution than most people think.
        Originally posted by bishir View Post
        A government should be afraid of its people, not the other way around.
        I think there are a few (relative to total population) waiting for the many to wake up and smell the kool-aid.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

No, I will not submit to a tracking device on my vehicle, unless it is there for my purpose, such as theft recovery of my car by me. Flo can kiss my ass. My insurance company isnt available to the proles, wow that is almost the wrong way to look at that, but USAA is less expensive and not available to non veterans, except for their families.

On the whole big brother government thing, some things are obvious as to the intent and most never make it past the stage of being a Bill. People complain about the government, but really it is business that wants to keep tabs on you, watch you, learn where you go on the internet, and they want you and the info for one reason, to profit from you.

There was a commercial a while back that said "We are a country of consumers, but that is okay" that is what they want you to think, that your job is to buy stuff you dont really need and listen to their advertizing. They only care about how much they can make from you. Its not really nefarious, or a conspiracy of dark shadows in dimly lit rooms deciding the fate of the world, its people in board rooms looking at the bottom line for their corporation.

They keep people barely happy, and give them enough stuff that they have worked hard to get so it means so much to them they dont want to endanger their stuff. That is what they are using to control the masses, not fear, not heavy handed power, but the very stuff they continually buy at WalMart or Target. Its a twist on the 1984 world where everything was scarce, now they just get you to put an inordinate value on crap from china. They do the same thing in video games, make you work so hard that that virtual thing you got for doing hours upon hours of work on a video game has value to you now. That is why World of Warcraft is so addictive to people. Give them the food pellet for doing the cute little dance it makes it valuable so they keep dancing for the pellet.

Certain people on TV and in positions of power would have you believe that big corporations are here for you, to make jobs, to keep you happy. Hardly. They say if we let them have less regulation they will benevolently take care of us and the environment, so we should get rid of the EPA. The reason the EPA was created is because business wasnt keeping things clean, they had no regard for cleaning up or making sure the hazardous stuff didnt get out, because that costs money and they want profits. They still want max profits, so if you think they will just keep things clean with the EPA gone, well you are sadly mistaken. If you want to live in the Chernobyl Exclusion zone, then let them have their way.

Comment

Run the F*CK away from that black box. I'm sure Government Employees Insurance Co. (that's what GEICO stands for) will be on this trend next. Flo can eat the lizard as far as I'm concerned.
            Last edited by CDMBill; July 14, 2012, 10:22 AM.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Lizard is often good meat..

Comment

yep, but ya really need a GOOD dippin' sauce....
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I don't have progressive, but thought it would be fun to take their little tracker to a tnt night at the drags or an open track day at the road course. Some bean counter would have a fit.
                  GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Big business is there to make money for it's owners in what ever way that works. Individuals are supposed to make their own choices, depending on what's best for them. (Government is supposed to keep it all responsible and maintain a fair playing field...) Anyhow Progressive can do whatever it wants, as long as I have a choice in this market where insurance is legally required, to not use their product.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy it myself. Hell, I won't even join the supermarket or hardware store discount club (and avoid stores that use those programs in order to give you the "real" price), because I don't care to have anybody tracking what I purchase.

Comment

Well I have learned a few things from some of your answers,and it is nice to know I am NOT alone in my thinking! Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't to get ya!!

Comment

Working...
                      X