Roadtrip to Overland Park, Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadtrip to Overland Park, Kansas

In mid August I am headed to Overland Park for a photography class on Adobe Lightroom. Staying at the Doubletree Inn. Does anybody know about this city and hotel? I'm driving one of the corvettes out there so it should be a great drive, just concerned about the security of the car while staying there for 5 days.

Any help or info would be appreciated!
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

overland park is pretty safe, dont know right where the doubletree is, but probably ok
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I think the Doubletree is near the Corporate Woods business complex. Pretty nice area. We're 40 minutes away, so maybe we can meet for dinner one evening. I'll PM ya.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
        In mid August I am headed to Overland Park for a photography class on Adobe Lightroom. Staying at the Doubletree Inn. Does anybody know about this city and hotel? I'm driving one of the corvettes out there so it should be a great drive, just concerned about the security of the car while staying there for 5 days.

Any help or info would be appreciated!
        My cousin lives there. I don't think the ball room survived his wedding.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
          I think the Doubletree is near the Corporate Woods business complex. Pretty nice area. We're 40 minutes away, so maybe we can meet for dinner one evening. I'll PM ya.
          How far are you from Parsons, KS Ed?

I've got a project I'll be working on there.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

kansas speedway is there, thats where my grandfather was living at the time of his passing
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              That sounds great, Ill be there from Aug 15th, leaving early on the 20th. Doubletree is on College Av in Overland Park but thats all I can tell you about it. Never been there. Lots of suggestions for BBQ!
              Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                kansas speedway is there, thats where my grandfather was living at the time of his passing
                Kansas Speedway is in Wyandotte County, Overland Park is in Johnson County.

The Doubletree is a really nice place and Overland Park is an upscale town. My brother lives in OP and has never had any issues. I don't think you'll have any problems with the Corvette.... other than the Porsche, Jaguar and BMW guys will scoff at it

I highly recommend trying out Oklahoma Joe's BBQ while you are in town. From your hotel, go north on 169 to I-435 west. Take I-435 west to 69 south. Take 69 south to 119th street and turn east. Turn right on Strang Line road and Oklahoma Joe's is on your right. Everything on the menu kicks ass. Don't be bashful and have fun!

Ron
                Last edited by Ron Ward; July 14, 2012, 01:50 PM.
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  How far are you from Parsons, KS Ed?

I've got a project I'll be working on there.
                  We're about an 1-1/2 hours north of Parsons.......17 miles south of Louisburg, KS.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

I don't think you'll have any issues in that part of Overland Park. The Doubletree is right off US 69 and College Boulevard, which is pretty nice area, although it's right across the street from a wastewater treatment plant.

I second the recommendation for Oklahoma Joe's, but they just opened a new location just north of 119th and Roe. That would be would be a lot easier to get to than the Olathe location. I'll also recommend Brobeck's BBQ just north of 435 & Roe.

Comment

x3 on Oklahoma Joes.Now Im hungry.

Comment

There is a lot of us from within 20 miles of there.
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Bearphoto made it through in July, and after a nice dinner (and after completing his business here) made his way back home..
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Got me to wonderin', too...
                            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                              Got me to wonderin', too...
                              Double dog dare ya to click on the link
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                              X