Speed Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Records

They're posted at ECTA, the July results.

Red's speed is still standing in class. That's hilarious! All you gotta do is put in a roll cage and a 5-point harness to go any faster than that in that class without breaking the rules.

Red could go faster than 139.449 if I got a good start and turned off the 140 speed limiter. He might go 141!

But on a sad note, and here I go declaring all of my predictions to be wrong. Again. I am so wrong when I predict....I predicted that Dan's record would stand forever.

Looks like Dan's diesel pickup truck record got busted.

Dan, whatcha gonna do about that?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Dan, the man, better twy ta git et bak!

I hope he does...

Comment

That's what he got the programmer for

Comment

You guys have got blower-mania here and that's a good thing for folks who can afford it.

Believe me, I've thought about it. And shopped a bit. And done the math. Red can't go any faster than he went the way he is.

So the amazing thing is, look at the ECTA records. If I went with a blower I'd be in a different class. That would be D/BFSS. Red went faster naked than that speed that was scored with a blower, by a few fractions.

So, blower. I'd need a roll cage, a five point harness and there's nothing else that would do except I'd have to have the work done at Mike Copeland's shop, nearly 10 hours away. I've seen the shop, I've seen the projects they are into, amazing stuff. There's nothing on this earth going on like that around here, nothing.

So, blower, required injectors and fuel pump, roll cage, fire suit, travel, motel, time away from work, waiting, etc. By my modest calculations I could have $15K in that upgrade, all costs included. Right at the value of the car. And the only thing in this world I could do with it would be to run The Mile. And absolutely smoke the standing D/BFSS record.

Can't swing it. I'll rest on my laurels, as pitiful as they are. Who's gonna pay me to do all of that?

Comment

Nice job Peewee holding the record
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
            Nice job Peewee holding the record
            Thanks man. It's just a matter of time. Like, next time.

I can't believe somebody else showed up with a diesel pickup truck. I sure thought Dan's record would stand forever. Sure did, for lack of competition. But there it is.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

I've seen the projects they are into, amazing stuff. There's nothing on this earth going on like that around here, nothing.
              There's quite a few shops that can do it within 2 hours of you pdub.
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                There's quite a few shops that can do it within 2 hours of you pdub.
                Matt, you gonna give me the money and talk Sue Unit into it? Go ahead. That last part's the hard part. Well, after the money. No, Red's just fine the way he is.

He's happy with his role in life. You've met him. Ain't he happy?

Comment

Working...
                X