• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much hp do you have?

add up all the hp of your cars that can be driven

Doing it all wrong since 1966

I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
      Bob I think you left off a zero and used the wrong smiley. Uhhh the wrong frowny.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        add up all the hp of your cars that can be driven

I'm probably close to that but I'd rather not say how many vehicles it took/takes to ge there.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

That can be driven right this minute, needs a battery, or will be next week? Then is it can be driven safely or just driven? Ive only had one dyno tested, anything else that isnt stock would be a guess. Right this minute is about 570, 300 from the LS1 and 270 from the 4.3. Throw a battery in the Blue Formula and add 705. The black 72 Formula was rated at 300hp stock, its a bit higher than that now, cam, headers, intake on the round port 455 makes a difference, but no idea how much. Then the mild 455 with lots of compression in the 70 GTO, I figure around 450-500 with lots of torque. Lots of stuff around here runs now, but isnt legal to drive.

Comment

that could be just the starter and the japanese manual mixed up some numbers.

I am curious, especially after the net. dyno babble everywhere. my city with 200k people all around it, and there is only one dyno..just right for awd pickup trucks. I learned the sube may not even fit.

I would have to travel almost 500 mles round trip. big inspiration here: "horsepower"
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

6.5 if I attach the grocery cart to the lawnmower. 7.7 if I mount an RC prop to the weedeater and clamp it to the grocery basket. 7.8 if I run the weededater on 15% pop.

I have threatened for years to put a briggs E-tek (8hp electric) on a rascal scooter. I really should do that.

I have a little chainsaw around here somewhere, will pull a 24" bar pretty good. I think it's about 4 or 5 hp? 61cc McCulloch.

The funny thing is all of my over 1hp / cube stuff is in / on lawn equipment or economy cars. I guess my 2k Lightning would still run, but I can't bare to look at it still, 2 years later. All the external vinyl is melted. I don't know if the harness survived or not.
              Last edited by Beagle; July 14, 2012, 09:07 AM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                "cars that can be driven"

From Fred Eaglesmith's song "Big Ass Garage Sale":

There's a car out back
                It only needs a motor
                And a couple of doors
                And a full set of rotors

It used to run real good
                It had lots of heart
                And the beautiful thing is...
                We've got another one for parts

Comment

I won't count my wife's cars, and this is the old fashioned flywheel gross HP, not modern net HP...except for the 305...and it's mostly guesses.

4 vehicles.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                    Bob I think you left off a zero and used the wrong smiley. Uhhh the wrong frowny.
                    Nope that's it PDub. The only thing I got that runs is the Focus.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

with the vehicles in my driveway im pushing a 1,000, now after seeing a certain neighborhood mustang gt blow past me at a stop light, i so wanna put a V8 in the stang now, 1 more year then its paid off
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Yeah like Squirrel said..........wife's ride doesn't count.

Only one that does is the shoebox...........647 hp
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          Yeah like Squirrel said..........wife's ride doesn't count.

Only one that does is the shoebox...........647 hp
                          I was going to calculate Red and Bubba the Truck and Bluebelle the Fusion and Junior the riding mower and the push mower too and the electric weedeater and the electric leaf blower and when I saw 647 hp in one box, naw, never mind.
                          Last edited by pdub; July 14, 2012, 10:09 AM.

Comment

71 Mustang -1007, 2003 tow truck/DD/back up "race car" - 425 = 1432 HP.
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

1 jack stand =100 hp x 4 jack stands =400 hp + 3 high performance stickers @10hp ea. =430
                              See what I did there.

Oh look more stickers
                              Jeff
                              Follow My Build

Comment

Working...
                              X