No announcement yet.

Pop Quiz: What does this car need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitro...that's what I need to play with. But then I wouldn't have a ""gasser""

Tach cable. Stickers. The slicks fit in the trunk, just barely.
    Attached Files
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

When do you leave?
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It's in a month.
        My fabulous web page

Comment

i about talked myself out of the hamb drags this year...too close to DW , glad i changed my mind....we need to line up....i want to get some pictures...i have a pair of chevy slots you could use for the slicks...

Comment

I have some slots too, but they're too much offset for the slicks I have. They just barely fit with the rallys, which have quite a bit of backspacing.

We definitely need to run...
            My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              Nitro...that's what I need to play with. But then I wouldn't have a ""gasser""

Tach cable. Stickers. The slicks fit in the trunk, just barely.
              Interesting reflection in the bumper, very Two Lane Blacktop.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Jim, nice job on the mods. I love that you can make your car look like it from a few different decades with just minor changes. Looks like alot of fun. The car looks plain ol mean like it's set up now.
                Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

I would also consider some kind of pin stripe - a simple detail on the line of the front fenders - something that offsets the chrome on the quarter panels.

Deleting the front bumper makes the white walls work with the black steel ralleys out back....

I would like to see some kind of tube - in a diameter matched to the radius of the front of the frame horns, running between the frame horns, not really a "bumper" but something to finish off the front end.
                  Last edited by milner351; July 16, 2012, 08:39 AM.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

yeah, it just needs to be instagrammed!

With slicks and the (now) black rally wheels on back. The slots in the rallys disappear when you paint them black, like magic.
                    There ya go! Stick a Grump Lump on the hood and you're good to go!

Comment

Nice stance. Change the red to something else. TOO MANY red/white tri 5 Chevys out there. Also, I might put chrome reverse on the back. JMO
                      Last edited by groucho; July 16, 2012, 10:10 AM.
                      STUGOTS

Comment

I was thinking about chrome reverse, it would look right. It's just a matter of spending money, I'd rather spend money on go fast stuff.

There aren't any other red/white tri 5s in town....someone has to have one
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

I was thinking about chrome reverse, it would look right. It's just a matter of spending money, I'd rather spend money on go fast stuff.
                          I'm confused. The OG question was about aesthetics, wasn't it?
                          STUGOTS

Comment

Yeah....you're right.

But I'm a cheapskate, I only spent about two bills doing the springs and getting the "new" wheels and tires on it.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

If radiusing the rear quarters is out, I'd say go for some timeless accessories: Moon discs, a Thunderbolt scoop, wide whites, side dumps, a repop Sun tach, and some Foxcraft fender skirts That'd H.A.M.B.it up.

Pulling the front bumper works if it's a gasser-style "short."

Comment

I don't want to make it too hamb friendly....I'd rather have it look real.
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X