Pop Quiz: What does this car need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Quiz: What does this car need?

From an aesthetic standpoint...what does this car need?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

a driver cause its sitting still, that car needs to be driven
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

A girl standing in front of the white wall tire.
      JMO
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

That's a beautiful ride, and I think this is a trick question, so I'll go with the safe default BangShift response and say if it needs anything (and if it was mine it doesn't)...but if it did need anything I guess it needs a blower.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Only things I would change is to turn the white wall in and mount the front tires on matching slots. Otherwise its perfect like it is.

Comment

Take off the white walls on the front tires and call it perfect. But I'm known to have horrible taste, especially compared to you, and especially on real old cars. I think your car is awesome in it's simpleness and cleanness. I still like the exposed carbs and air filters.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

smaller tach, side pipes, radiused wheel wells, n50-15's sticking out, fuzzy dice...

just kidding. Front end did come up some ? I can't get a clear image in my head because of the angle. If you're changing vibes, go ahead and drill the hole and change the tach. That's why they make "goof plugs"

Oh yah, and one of these, cuz "Every car has one" (repo man)

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                Only things I would change is to turn the white wall in and mount the front tires on matching slots. Otherwise its perfect like it is.
                What he said!
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

heh...so, I just need to go back in time a week?
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

two rubber bumper somethings on those points. car looks harmeless until spotting the front bumper "duel" tractor trailer people killers.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

are you trying to go 70's? The big tach has to go.

I'm mixed emotion on the ww being out if you don't have RWL out on the rear.
                      Last edited by Beagle; July 14, 2012, 09:48 AM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I have some slicks that will go on it for the drags. On black steel wheels. They should match pretty well. I'm kind of thinking it would be nice to get some more steelies for some neat street rear tires, but money is getting a little tight right now for the toys.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Yeah........thinkin black walls on front.

Ever considered jettisoning the front bumper?
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

White wall delete, paint the roll bar to match the interior or at least lighten up the color. And maybe, remove the front bumper and add push/bars, nerf bars, what ever they're called. Like everyone I already think the 55 is triple bitchen, so changes are just tinkering around the core of cool.

On the functional side I've always been skeptical of the tiny air cleaners but you'll know from experience if they work OK. I like the traditional mailbox scoop look too, same air filter issue. But these are all subjective. Do you do anything special for when it rains? I've got a plastic barrier for the front facing hood scoop and a K&N pre filter that wraps around the element if we get down pours like last year.

Peewee it's already roots blown so that base is covered.
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                              Ever considered jettisoning the front bumper?
                              bingo!
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X