What did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1trickpony View Post
    Bought a 98 mustang gt. high miles decent body good price. Spent most of the evening removing ugly hood/fender decal. Hope it rubs out because it's shiny under neath.

Booked a room for our 3 year anniversary. Once again we are going to "America's racing vacation". IMCA super nationals in Boone iowa. Should be fun. We went on our honeymoon and every year since. Gotta love a girl that don't mind dirt in her beer.
    You gotta love a girl who wants to go racing on her anniversary. Congrats.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• what I did yesterday....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Spending the three day's Labor Day weekend rearranging the compete shop.

I really like the shop to be clean and after the last few projects things got a little crazy.

Just added another 16' of metal shelving and just cleaning up and getting stuff a little more organized.

I know others will be out on the water here in Florida or enjoying the beaches but for me I would rather be in my shop doing something.

Jimbo

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          Did front brakes on my 55. New rotors and pads. That safety wire is fun, my guess is Joe would fail it if he did a QA
          You got safety wire pliers??... They look like this......

Last edited by TC; September 3, 2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• I need to get some...yeah, I know what they are. I just forget to get them when I have the opportunity.

Having the pliers won't teach me how to use them properly, unfortunately.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Finally done with the carpet and waiting on the seats and I hope they take awhile im burnt out on this project.
              After this is door panels.

Comment

• i guess theres a reason why im not a plumber, and if i ever meet the person who did the plumbing on the house im living in, im going to make it a point to make him wish he was never a plumber
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  I need to get some...yeah, I know what they are. I just forget to get them when I have the opportunity.

Having the pliers won't teach me how to use them properly, unfortunately.
                  same way you get to Carnegie Hall? I can't remember what book I had with a couple of chapters on that art. Lots of things I never thought about. I'm sure you have sources... but if I find it I'll send it your way. May have been a side note in a wiring book. I thought it would be cool to play with, much like the same way wires are bound is an art, braided string tied wires are cool looking to me. Never did it, but it was cool to read about. I think it also spent many paragraphs on locking mechanisms, nylocks, the worthlessness of lock washers, mechanical locking nuts, etc. I think the concensus was if you welded the nut to the bolt, it was locked.

I drug the LX home but couldn't find the keys. Putting a lowered car with two flat tires on a short ramped trailer, when the car can't be steered because you don't have the ignition key is interesting.

Big red bastard truck's new Delta Tau Chi name is... Horse Dragger. Mileage seems to be slipping, something like 20mpg combined (unloaded / loaded return trip).
                  Last edited by Beagle; September 3, 2012, 03:18 PM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• took apart a perculating sliding shaft fuel pump. interesting gadget.

I somehow need fuel injection clamps after taking it apart..I wonder what I did to it.

trimmed some custom hdpe gasket on the rochester monojet at the air bleeds below float bowl cover. big whistle.. was not just fuel pump after all.
                    hand pump vacuumed the bowl, then ragged clean, dry, blow powder out. set float bowl level, one time event for newer gas tank is ended. spotless.

I am liking the dash switch to flick on cars run position..can play with carb off and on for pump, fill up bowl.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 3, 2012, 04:31 PM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• oil change on the 55.

And I think i finally got the drain to work, I got a longer snake and had the water running while I worked it, finally the water went down the drain as quick as it should.
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

• Washed my wife's van for the first time in a long time...tonight we have gotten an inch of rain so far and it is still raining.

Comment

Working...
                        X