Friend put some color on his car this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend put some color on his car this weekend

3 years of bodyworking in the spare time is finally paying off for my friend Brian..... he shot some color this past weekend. This car literally has had major work to every panel on it, but that is what it takes when you have black paint in mind.

What he started with.

And how it looked Sunday..

Last edited by STINEY; July 16, 2012, 08:45 AM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Nice, that's real nice.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Its going to get the clear cut in a couple of days, then will sit opened for probably 3-4 weeks. Cut with 800, then 1000-1200-1500-1800 if I remember correctly. Its going to look good for sure, gets a couple of candy maroonish stripes too.

Comment

Holy freakin wow. That looks damn nice, and it doesnt look like the clear peeled too bad, color me envious.

Comment

that's really sharp! I spent 3 weeks getting a 70 camaro ready for orange paint, and it came out pretty nice...I can't imagine putting that much time into one
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Looks great ! It looked like a real turd before . Good for him,hard work is going to get him a really nice car.

Comment

thats gunna be a bad mofo after its wet sanded and buffed
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Just had to dig this thread up from the dead.............my buddy Blumer is just finishing up his second black paint job. This is before cut-n-buff, as was the picture of the camaro. He's getting good (note these are crummy cell-phone pictures)

Comment

I want paint. Oh well, another year.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

it gives me hope...
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

look more garage art.. I'll take the before thank you... did the black vehicle thing once... never again

Comment

wow... that is for perfectionists... I just do not have the patience...or the time!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I love it. There's some great advice on black paint in the new Hot Rod, coincidence.

Black is a great color to learn body/paint with, you are putting yourself through the best school when you decide that's what you want to do. Since you don't have to worry about how any metallic or color matches between panels you can totally focus on straight bodywork, getting the paint on there so it'll stay and the finer points of cut-and-buff...and if you really f'd it up you can do spots or individual panels until you're happy. There's no having a chance at being good until you've got those things down first and there's guaranteed to be some tough lessons

Spoken from experience.

Comment

Taking a note from P about stirring poop...
                            I thought black was the absence of color?
                            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I love black, all hot rods should be black. It should be a law.

Comment

Working...
                              X