Auction -- Minden, Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction -- Minden, Nebraska

I used the search and did not see this auction mentioned. If it is I'm sorry for the duplication. Again looks like some interesting stuff.

Re: Auction -- Minden, Nebraska

Sweet link Joe!

Being a tractor weirdo, I have heard about this one coming for a little while on some of the tractor boards (and yeah, there are tractor boards). I guess this is going to be like the Barret Jackson auction for hard core tractor guys.

With the size of the place I am sure there will be some neat cars there as well!

DF and Chad NEED Lot 100...the "Yellow Surge" panel truck

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

There's a sizable museum in Minden, with all kinds of prairie memorabilia and a huge car collection- kind of a miniature Henry Ford. When I saw Joe's note, I was afraid that they were selling off the museum, but by the pics this is unrelated. Wish we were going to be in the area for this.

Later
      Dan

Comment

I thought the same thing Dan, I was like wha?!? Pioneer Village selling out, what the hell?!?
        I still need to spend a weekend and go out there, and check the place out. Heard it's got a ton of stuff, not just cars and tractors. sort of a huge time capsule of sorts.

looks like mainly vintage stuff...found out about another place in Michigan, will put in a seperate post.
        Andrew
        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Wow. I never heard of it all the time I lived in Nebraska. I found out about the place a few years ago.

It's like the Towe Ford Museum in Sacramento. When it was closing; they started selling off their collection. They ended up getting funding of some sort and are now open sometimes. What's cool is they periodically have lessons on how to drive a Model T and other really old ass Fords. I know some guys that bought some of the muscle car era cars and they got deals.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I don't know man...I keep seeing older yards closing, just sort of gets to me, and irritates me.
            I like old iron in farm fields. A hell of a lot cooler than a f-n golf course.
            Anyways, I really need to get to the yard south of Lincoln, NE about an hour on HWY 77...

It's been like 4 years...I need to get my stuff together but damn 4 hour round trip sucks...now especially with gas at about $3.70 a gallon for the 89 gasacrapahol...
            Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Thanks! My ol' brain couldn't come up with the name of the place last night. BTW - definitely worth a visit. Among a bunch of interesting stuff, they have one of the very few Packard Diesel aircraft engines. Really interesting.

Later
              Dan

[quote=Eliteman76 ]
              I thought the same thing Dan, I was like wha?!? Pioneer Village selling out, what the hell?!?

Comment

I'm going to be in Omaha in june , may have to go check that place out!, My wife loves it when I stop at old junk yards!

Comment

Originally posted by purplecobra
                  I'm going to be in Omaha in june , may have to go check that place out!, My wife loves it when I stop at old junk yards!
                  it's not that far out of your way Paul, I have been by there with a few car guys when we towed out to NMRA/Phoenix and Texas. The place is huge...
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I know it's stupid, but I have actually gotten really defensive about telling people about that yard.
                    It's located off hwy 77, in Wymore, NE.
                    If you pull it up on google maps...you will see a full 40 acres of cars.
                    The thing about him-he keeps old stuff, crushes new stuff.
                    Out back, last time I was there, there is a full tilt nova2 race car, cage and all, sitting way the hell in the northeastern corner of the yard.
                    Only place by me, if you wanted a 50's-60's wagon, there is atleast around 250 of them in one area.
                    I forget if it's his kid, or what, but a relative has another place to the south, about 7-10 miles, where they have alot of the GM muscle stored.
                    That guy has a personal collection of 35 or so Chevelles that are his own cars.
                    Let me see is I can find the google map.
                    Andrew

Comment

Here is the google link to the sat image of the yard.
                      *edit*
                      first link google had was not working.
                      Andrew

Comment

Wow.... that's crazy!!

I would love to go up there sometime this summer.... I live in KC, not too bad of a drive for me.

Ax

Comment

Working...
                        X