Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    "nine mile drop" ummm, you sure aren't prone to much exaggeration Pdub
    I caught a fish so big one time that the photo weighed 5 pounds. So I couldn't afford to frame it.

But I know he weighed 72 pounds. I know because I saw his scales before he got off of the hook.
    Last edited by pdub; July 18, 2012, 02:32 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

One of my favorite quotes. "The guy swore he saw Big Foot, now normally speaking I dismiss such talk as an alcohol fueled campfire story. However, the speaker is a Pastor, so I'm pretty sure he wouldn't lie because there'd be consequences. With that said, he's also a fisherman, therefore he's prone to some exaggeration. What I believe is he saw something hairy in the wilderness."

Patrick McManus
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        One of my favorite quotes. "The guy swore he saw Big Foot, now normally speaking I dismiss such talk as an alcohol fueled campfire story. However, the speaker is a Pastor, so I'm pretty sure he wouldn't lie because there'd be consequences. With that said, he's also a fisherman, therefore he's prone to some exaggeration. What I believe is he saw something hairy in the wilderness."

Patrick McManus
        Patrick was a classic writer. Remember, I rode a bicycle 30,000 miles in total. And I was reading his stuff at the same time back then.

Nothing at the time had ever made me laugh any harder than his description of the bloodthirsty timberwolves that lived up the road from his house, while he was trying to ride his bicycle.

I wonder if they they were really chihuahuas? In truth, they are worse than timberwolves. But his tales sure were funny.

His work inspired me to write, when I wrote. It was so long ago, I thought writing was supposed to be like Moby Dick or something or Grapes of Wrath, the stuff back when we were forced to read something and forced to report on when I was in grade school, or get a failing grade.

Patrick's stuff was a belly laugh, one after another. A whole new world to me, that writing (and reading) doesn't have to be serious. A revelation to me at the time. A game changer.

Yeah, it doesn't have to be serious. Sometimes it should be, but other times it shouldn't. At least it doesn't have to be.
        Last edited by pdub; July 18, 2012, 05:28 PM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I have run the road in my Mach1 , me and a friend is suppose to go back and run his 03 Mustang.

Comment

One of my favorite roads.

A friend and I in his Nova going up the Dragon.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Last edited by Lon_H; July 18, 2012, 08:36 PM.
            Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
              I haven'tscared Sue Unit but once......
              Paula wasn't scared, If you listen you hardly ever hear the tires actually squeal. It was more of a motion sickness thing. Real trouper though. Before giving child birth though I would had to weak it before she would get , greyish.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Near Little Switzerland, NC, there are some really cool roads with lots of turns and beautiful scenery. I do not believe it is gotten to be the speed trial kind of thing that the Tail of the Dragon has become. Still fun to drive. I have ridden some of this on a fully loaded touring bicycle many years ago and enjoyed it. (Maybe I should say many, many years ago.) http://diamondbacknc.com/route.html
                Last edited by JRoberts; July 19, 2012, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I am going in September for the Run thru The Hills event that American street cars and protouring.com is hosting, I am pretty excited. We have a road in southern Ohio that is pretty good as well Rt 555 or as many call it "the triple nickel"

Comment

Working...
                  X