• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady flipps scooter in Boston

Lohnes ..

What is with people in Beantown ?

sigpic

Damn that's funny.........what the hell was she thinking?

Looks like she walked away pretty good.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

We're all drunk most of the time. Especially those of us in scooters. She'll probably sue the subway and freaking win.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

She needs a rollbar and a 5 point harness on that scooter.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

NOT A SCOOTER, folks! It's a power wheelchair.

There IS a difference. The media doesn't get it, and neither do any of you.

Oh, yeah - the woman is an idiot.
          Last edited by studemax; July 17, 2012, 09:29 PM.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'm curious to hear if she tries suing over that.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I have to be honest and say that I would NOT have jumped to her aid....I would have walked away and I am usually the first person to help someone out when they need it....what a dumb ass....

I don't know anyone who calls them "powered wheel chairs" ... I suspect most call them scooters...except the elitists

If you call it scooters you're a dumb ass and you don't get it...you're stupid, and I am better than you....
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

According to the folks who sell both scooters and power wheelchairs.... the difference is that scooters are steered via a tiller or handlebars (and can be 3 or 4 wheels), and power wheelchairs are steered with a joystick.

I only know this because my Dad has a scooter, and my neighbor has a power wheelchair.

Sometimes these things matter - even to a non-eliteist like me.
                Last edited by studemax; July 18, 2012, 01:09 PM.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                  I'm curious to hear if she tries suing over that.
                  Scott, this is Massachusetts, there were probably four ambulance chasers camped out by the freaking escalator.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    I have to be honest and say that I would NOT have jumped to her aid....I would have walked away and I am usually the first person to help someone out when they need it....what a dumb ass....

I don't know anyone who calls them "powered wheel chairs" ... I suspect most call them scooters...except the elitists

If you call it scooters you're a dumb ass and you don't get it...you're stupid, and I am better than you....
                    Sure looked like she got away on her own power.
                    Can't fix stupid.
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                      According to the folks who sell both scooters and power wheelchairs.... the difference is that scooters are steered via a tiller or handlebars (and can be 3 or 4 wheels), and power wheelchairs are steered with a joystick.

I only know this because my Dad has a scooter, and my neighbor has a power wheelchair.

Sometimes these things matter - even to a non-eliteist like me.
                      Gotta sure go with ya Stude. I get stuck on words, too, and a scooter? Before I even read the story or watched the video I'm wondering what the heck she was doing riding a SCOOTER inside a store/mall anyhow?

There's a kid in our neighborhood who has a motorized "scooter." Two wheels like we used to have to push along with one foot, stand up on it and the front wheel is steerable with handle bars. Except the kid in our neighborhood has one with like a weed eater motor on it. At least with our local terminology, that's a scooter. A motorized scooter.

A powered wheelchair? Yeah, that's what that lady was on.

A drastically dumbshit maneuver for sure. That had to be the first time she's ever tried that, because that's sure not gonna work. Day-oh....that's why big shopping places have an ELEVATOR! Wonder if she's actually bound to that chair anyhow, because if she was, she'd know better than to try that to start with.

And from my vantage point, cudos to the second Samaritan who had the wherewithall to mash the E-Stop button at the bottom of the escalator. Poor gal would have likely been burned and scraped and bruised against the side barrier if she'd gone all the way up, trapped like that.

EDIT: I've wondered all of my life why you'd ever need an E-Stop on an escalator, but there it is. On video. Proves that if you go a hundred years....it will happen, whatever it is.
                      Last edited by pdub; July 18, 2012, 04:16 PM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

When in doubt, go WFO.
                        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
                          When in doubt, go WFO.
                          That's a thought Gene...if she'd had about 170 times more horsepower and six times the wheelbase and some ground clearance, she could have four-wheeled it straight up the escalator, knocking folks over the hand rails as she went.

That would have been a different video entirely.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

She'll probably sue the MTA because the security guys posted the video of her stupidity. Remember the lady in the mall who was texting and walking and fell into the fountain?
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                              That's a thought Gene...if she'd had about 170 times more horsepower and six times the wheelbase and some ground clearance, she could have four-wheeled it straight up the escalator, knocking folks over the hand rails as she went.

That would have been a different video entirely.
                              Or a dirt bike would have worked pretty well too.

Comment

Working...
                              X