Now I really am white trash. $87 paint booth in the driveway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I really am white trash. $87 paint booth in the driveway

*NEW* Spray booths by Billy-Bob industries...
    {well, according to the wife, anyways}
    May this amuse you all, as you wake up this Friday morning, it's 2:15am here in the land of corn.

I needed to primer the GTS, and was tired of battling the wind and not being able to find a spray booth open, so in my frustration I white trashed it, and spent about $87 for some 2x4's, a couple boxes of screws, and a 100 foot roll of plastic drop cloth.
    I actually got some props from the neighbors, the liked the idea of the overspray not going everywhere. My wife is loosing her patients with me having a 12x14 foot box in the drive way...but it's only going to be up for a day or two more, just need to leave it up for my fenders and I am done.

Now I think i have hit it home why I need a shop in the back yard... ;D

Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: Now I really am white trash. $87 paint booth in the driveway

Works for me! Here in SoCal that would not fly. Instant huge ticket.

Comment

Looks PERFECT to me. Another reason not to live in California.

Dan

Comment

Looks familiar 8) I used the same set-up to do all the primer on the Elky.

Did you have any problems with the test spray patterns on the plastic? I found that if the wind ruffled the wall, the paint flaked off and went everywhere. Not good. I only did a little spot, so I cleaned it all off and started using a piece of cardboard.

Comment

I like it ;D

I'm going to have to try that out someday ;D ;D ;D

Seth
          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

L98, no, actually I have not had issues with the primer flaking...now that you mention it.
            I am using some stuff from Keystone, from a recomendation from my buddy that runs a shop.
            I forget, but I am going outside here in a few minutes, will have to look at the stuff.

Ryan, it seems about EVERY thing is gonna get you guys a ticket in California...LOL... ;D

I have shot cars in conditions alot worse than this before, but just trying to keep stuff clean and neat. I more or less know a couple of the cops here that come through the neighborhood alot patroling, and no problems.
            Lots of odd looks though.

Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

that is bad ass way to use that thing in your head

Comment

That thing would be fine for about 10 minutes here. Then you'd be chasing pieces of it down the street. To say the wind blows here is an understatement. ;D
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

If you were REALLY white trash you would have skipped the booth and just sprayed the car.

Comment

I did the same thing in Amarillo, TX. except I did it in the Garage. Stapled all that plastic up, Ducted the Air Conditioner for fresh air. and vented out through a filter in the doorway. 4 Day weekend and drove it to work on Tuesday. (Looked like a Million Bucks).

Go get a permit and Frame it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                      If you were REALLY white trash you would have skipped the booth and just sprayed the car.
                      Nah... he would have made it out of PVC tubing with slip-fit collars and junctions. This way, he could have knocked it down and put it in the back of a pickup and set it up in front of ANY mobile home park.

Ron
                      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

actually ive seen a paint booth made from pcv pipe one time, dont know the cost of pcv these days but i wouldnt think it would cost much more than the 2x4's there and it could be taken apart and reused....
                        put a box fan facing out on each end and you could have it made!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeasis
                          Have it made alright....have it made into a bomb. Aren't the paint vapors flammable? Seems like a box fan would be kinda dangerous. Maybe I'm wrong....just seems dicey.

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                            In my neck of the woods we call that getto.
                            HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                              Originally posted by mikeasis
                              Have it made alright....have it made into a bomb. Aren't the paint vapors flammable? Seems like a box fan would be kinda dangerous. Maybe I'm wrong....just seems dicey.

Brian
                              They certainly are, that's why body shop fans are explosion proof fans, and why they cost so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X