No announcement yet.

BangShift Gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have not had time to go since Sunday...so pissed. The hotel I am staing at has a exercise room, I will be making good use of that while I am gone. I will probably go tonight after football as well. I have been swamped trying to get shit sorted here at work so my partner is not left with a pile of shit next week.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
      I've got practice at it...
      Lol! That's about what I need. Feel like shit but managed to drag my carcass there tonight.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

• I strained a hip fexor Wendsday, trying to set a PR, with too little warm up and the spotter bars to low on squat. Makes me realize I've gotten strong enough to hurt myself and need to be more careful.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• Body is very tired this morning after "Fran" after work yesterday. Not as quick as these two, but at 6:48 a 10 sec PR for me. 21-15-9 95lb thrusters and kipping pull-ups.

1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

• Dude, I'd be in the hospital if I even tried that! Ankle, knees, hips, shoulder, that manages to stress every one of my weak points.

Major points to you for even being able to do that.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
              Heres a few unlisted videos. Call it my average saturday.

Yes I was half scared of the thai fighter
              Kinda like chess, the only way you get better is to go against someone better than you. Nice whipping back fist in the boxing video by the way!
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by tedly View Post
                Kinda like chess, the only way you get better is to go against someone better than you. Nice whipping back fist in the boxing video by the way!
                We had a girl wanting to fight that had kickboxed for years, so coach threw her in our boxing class, she through a spinning backfist alot and i kinda learned it from her. The videos are a couple years old by now. I learnt alot of kicks from the thai guy.

Comment

• I seem to have hit a wall, at least temporarily. I'm ready to add more weights to my workout but pushing causes problems with my joints, I end up having to skip a day or 2 to recover and lose whatever strength gains I had. Since body fat loss has been my primary concern I'm just going to keep steady and push a little here and there, like on my last sets if my body is cooperating that day. Frustrating, but I'll deal with it as long as I keep losing the flab.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

• I just got back from the gym. I like to go 1st thing in the morning but i been lazy and am beginning to slip back into my slothful ways. I even ate frenchfries and a sausage and egg sandwich a during the weekend. disgusting!
                    It helps to think of this thread.
                    A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

• It was good "clean: fun. One obstacle was harder than I figured they would do. I had no problem with it, however we had to swim across a river/creek and I cant swim. I about drowned, luckily it wasnt much over my head.

Comment

• I been trying something different and i think it is working. I been doing the same set of reps on the same machines and it ain't getting easier, so i jacked more weight into the set and doing as many as i can. I think i am like 'shocking' my muscle. For instance i do a standup curl and use the big bar with 5# - i'd do reps of 10, 3 sets and 9it'd never get easier so i never added weight. I got frustrated and threw 10# on it a couple days ago and managed to do 7 or 8. Today i did a full set of 10 but could only manage 9 in the 2nd set. So i dialed up all the machine weights and i'm not worried about how many reps or sets.
                        The other thing i am avoiding is the exhaustion i'd get afterwards. It would just whup my ass and take a couple or three hours to recover. Now i am hitting the weights hard but for a shorter time, get in and out of there.
                        I think i am making some progress.
                        A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

• That's the point I started playing with my diet, oj .Grab a Power Bar or something like it (highest protein content you find) from a gas station on the way home next time, see if it helps with exhaustion. It did with me.

Started getting a lot of lower back pain a while ago so I gave myself some time off. After about a week I was stretching my back at work and it finally popped back into place, was right between the bottom of the rib cage and the pelvis. Instant relief. Popped my neck right after and it was so out of whack my fingers tingled for 5 minutes afterwards. I've had problems with my lower back for awhile, mostly since I broke my leg. Don't know if working out and stretching aggravated it or corrected it enough to get everything lined back up the way it was supposed to be. Either way, starting back up tonight and I'm going to be paying a lot more attention to proper posture and form while lifting weights. The whole tingling fingers thing kinda freaked me out, never had that happen before.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post

It was good "clean: fun. One obstacle was harder than I figured they would do. I had no problem with it, however we had to swim across a river/creek and I cant swim. I about drowned, luckily it wasnt much over my head.
                            Shoulda worn some swim floaties dude!
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Some nerve is getting "pinched" or pressed against.. Thus tingling.

Was in the hospital in traction.. Could not walk or stand up.. 4th day I reached over my head, pushing with my foot and it popped.. Man what a relief... Took me about 3-6 days to start walking normal again..

Pay attention to your back.. It tells you more than you know.. The older you get, the more obvious it is to know the times you didn't listen..

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                                Some nerve is getting "pinched" or pressed against.. Thus tingling.

Was in the hospital in traction.. Could not walk or stand up.. 4th day I reached over my head, pushing with my foot and it popped.. Man what a relief... Took me about 3-6 days to start walking normal again..

Pay attention to your back.. It tells you more than you know.. The older you get, the more obvious it is to know the times you didn't listen..
                                My neck and upper back get out of alignment all the time, used to get real bad headaches from it until I found out how to stretch and pop everything back into place. Lower back gives me trouble but it's hard to say what caused this particular episode. When you are constantly in some level of pain it just becomes part of everyday life, I don't pay much attention to it until something gets worse than usual. When my lower back popped it wasn't the usual deal, this was very loud and deep. Same with my neck afterwards, the dude standing beside me was looking at me with a horrified expression on his face. I think the lower back had been out of alignment for a long time and had been pinching nerves. I know it felt incredibly better afterwards and can hold my back straighter now. I'd rather not do that again so I'll be watching posture and form very closely. This time off has shown me exactly how much good exercising has been doing me, not going to stop now.
                                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X