No announcement yet.

BangShift Gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lately I was having trouble putting my dam socks on. Flexibility seems to be a thing of the past. This as I go to the gym 5 days a week lifting a ton of weight. At 61 I was sure I was doing the right thing. Not. I met with a trainer and was introduced to functional traing. After just 4 weeks I have moved the belt buckle 2 notches and have Anton of energy. I can even put on the socks. Everyone is commenting on the results. I now am a true believer.
    Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Comment

I've been working out for three months now and have dropped two pants sizes and I can run up a flight of stairs again. In 2007 I dropped 50 pounds but after moving back down here to where I grew up I put 25 of it back on. I mostly watch what I eat and do an hour of cardio 5 nights a week. The weight was coming off slow for the first month but now it seems every day I notice it coming off faster. I already feel so much better it's amazing!
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Ya'll are forgetting the best part of losing weight and I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet..

Your car is now faster!
        Powertour off/on since 2002
        sigpic

Comment

Eating late is really nothing to be affraid of and can really aid in weight loss and muscle building...but you have to eat the right foods prior to bed. cassian protine, eggs....cassian is a slow burn protien and it will help your body feed itself while you sleep. Alos chicke breast yogurt things like that...most bofy builders will wake up during the night to eat, so the body doesn't go into the holy shit you're not feeding me so I'll eat muscle instead.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
            Ya'll are forgetting the best part of losing weight and I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet..

Your car is now faster!
            and lose the excuse to buy more speed parts? oh good lord, no. And whatever you do don't tell our wives that news - I can just hear it 'honey, I "need" this part - her "good, then lose weight and your won't "need" that part.... "
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Switched from a 3 day rotation (upper body, legs, then core) to a 2 day one (Upper body, legs & core) a few days ago and I'm already seeing a visible difference and was able to do more while not being as worn out last night. Lets see if this continues. Weight is staying stubbornly the same for weeks now, but fat loss is accelerating. If this keeps up I should be way ahead of my initial goal of getting rid of the love handles and moobs by the end of the year. Haven't monkeyed with the diet yet but will look into it this weekend.

Lesson for the day: Less than an hour of steady, focused exercise a day with no other changes to diet or lifestyle has produced enough results for me to get more involved. It simply took getting started at a pace I could manage.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                Switched from a 3 day rotation (upper body, legs, then core) to a 2 day one (Upper body, legs & core) a few days ago and I'm already seeing a visible difference and was able to do more while not being as worn out last night. Lets see if this continues. Weight is staying stubbornly the same for weeks now, but fat loss is accelerating. If this keeps up I should be way ahead of my initial goal of getting rid of the love handles and moobs by the end of the year. Haven't monkeyed with the diet yet but will look into it this weekend.

Lesson for the day: Less than an hour of steady, focused exercise a day with no other changes to diet or lifestyle has produced enough results for me to get more involved. It simply took getting started at a pace I could manage.

Good for you man! Now, once you get the diet squared away, you will see huge changes much quicker...but only until you find the caloric intake that your body wants and needs. Also...do NOT be afraid to eat after 6pm...old info says this is a good idea, new info...not so much. if you don't eat after 6 that means your body is in starvation mode for over 12 hours. No bueno for weight loss. eat a small 2 egg omelet, yogurt, cassian protein, a 4oz chicken breast an hour or so before you go to bed...this will help a lot.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

At 6:00pm I'm only an hour and a half into my work day, but I get your meaning.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                    At 6:00pm I'm only an hour and a half into my work day, but I get your meaning.
                    yuck, man I did the 4 to 12 thing for many, many years in a row. When I did it at a desk, well that was when I went from 200 to 260 inside 2 years...Shift work sucks when you're trying to eat right and work out, it takes a lot of focus and commitment...

Comment

Im 22 years old and I've always been skinny. At 6'5" I really have never had to worry about what I eat. But things are slowly starting to change shape and starting to worry me. Maybe I should start exercising.....

The problem is i never no where to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams View Post
                        Im 22 years old and I've always been skinny. At 6'5" I really have never had to worry about what I eat. But things are slowly starting to change shape and starting to worry me. Maybe I should start exercising.....

The problem is i never no where to start.
                        Just start. Find something that interests you and go from there. It's working for me. You don't need to buy a bunch of equipment that will sit around collecting dust, just find what motivates you and the rest will follow.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                          yuck, man I did the 4 to 12 thing for many, many years in a row. When I did it at a desk, well that was when I went from 200 to 260 inside 2 years...Shift work sucks when you're trying to eat right and work out, it takes a lot of focus and commitment...
                          Yup, I've always been a night owl but it sucks trying to get anything done. The world is just not geared towards people like me. I'm asleep when everyone else is at work, at work when they are home relaxing, and relaxing while they're asleep. Takes some juggling of the sleep schedule to get anything accomplished or have any kind of social life.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

I also am a night owl... Had the cops at my place telling me to clse it up at midnite and later..
                            I was told hammering and digging in my bolt tray were the worst I was doing...
                            Sucks being deaf too..

Comment

Lmao! I live in an apartment complex right now so I gotta watch the stereo and TV volume after work, my hearing's been on a downhill slope for awhile too! Only time I can wrench is if I get up early or on my days off, neighbors HATE the truck cuz it's so loud, etc... Can't wait until I can get a house.
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

100 watt stereo, 2-70 watt speakers for headphones... In place of the normal ear muffs..my son says he can hear it 200 ft away when he comes to visit... I have to be the only one in the car/room cuz it is so loud.. Ah well. They say silence is golden... But I'm deaf, so I hear "something" all the time... Worst is I " hear" a "BOOM" and jump... the dogs snore away... Must not have been a boom or they will be jumping too!
                                Gotta laugh, or go crazy..

Comment

Working...
                                X