No announcement yet.

BangShift Gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job Man! I go to the Gym to chase chicks! Or... I could just hang out with Chassis Man at Bakersfield to chase chicks.... ;)
    Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
    Thanks....blew Chad and Daphnes minds when we went to dinner and I could fit in a booth....LMAO....
    Last edited by powerglide; July 26, 2012, 07:59 PM.
    I couldn't fix your brakes so I made your horn louder.

Comment

Originally posted by powerglide View Post
      Good job Man! I go to the Gym to chase chicks! Or... I could just hang out with Chassis Man at Bakersfield to chase chicks.... ;)
      I don't chase them.......they tend to flock to me.......as you know....Im not joking.....lol
      The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        My biggest problem is doing too much and reinjuring myself...
        Man I completely get this, taking it real slow so I don't end up in a sling or on crutches again. I want to dive back into it like I did when I was young, push myself to muscle failure every time, barely able to lift my arms after a workout, collapsing in a heap with my legs feeling like Jello after a run, and see results quick. I just can't do it like that anymore. My buddy at work started at a gym about the same time I did and was pissed at me for not being a work out partner, he just doesn't comprehend that if I did that I would push too hard trying to keep up with him.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by bjohn
          Almost all beef has pretty high fat content (When going out to eat anywhere), and I dont have a grill. Sooooooo that leaves me with no beef ha.
          Never thought about it really. We raise our own beef and I eat chicken usually on the rare occasion I eat out.

Keep setting goals, keep improving.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
            Man I completely get this, taking it real slow so I don't end up in a sling or on crutches again. I want to dive back into it like I did when I was young, push myself to muscle failure every time, barely able to lift my arms after a workout, collapsing in a heap with my legs feeling like Jello after a run, and see results quick. I just can't do it like that anymore. My buddy at work started at a gym about the same time I did and was pissed at me for not being a work out partner, he just doesn't comprehend that if I did that I would push too hard trying to keep up with him.
            like I said before slow and stead wins the fitness race. Especially when youre broken.

It took 3 months of slow, easy stead workouts for me to get to where I am now. If you get into the weight room you need to be really careful about how you lift. Read a lot and get to know your body, what it likes and what it doesnt.

Beef -- Sirloin is your friend and so is buffalo. It costs money to lose weight, you need to keep that in mind. To eat right, it costs money. also, dont rule out the beans...beans, beans, beans...high fiber and high protien...one of the best overlooked superfoods when it comes to fitness and weightloss.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Tiny Asian trainer told me she'd kick my ass yesterday. Moving around this morning, I'd say mission complete.

Another thing I've noticed...after a really good workout, I normally would feel drained for the rest of the night. After one of the magical little protein shakes that the gym makes at the counter, I'm back to normal within an hour or so. Doesn't help your sore muscles but helps get you out of that daze.
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                Tiny Asian trainer told me she'd kick my ass yesterday. Moving around this morning, I'd say mission complete.
                I immediately thought of this!
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post

Another thing I've noticed...after a really good workout, I normally would feel drained for the rest of the night. After one of the magical little protein shakes that the gym makes at the counter, I'm back to normal within an hour or so. Doesn't help your sore muscles but helps get you out of that daze.
                  Protien after a work out is very important to muscle growth and recovery...youre not imagining things, I dose protien after mine all the time about 25g to 35g (all your body can absorb at one time)
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    Protien after a work out is very important to muscle growth and recovery...youre not imagining things, I dose protien after mine all the time about 25g to 35g (all your body can absorb at one time)
                    Good to know guys. Gonna start trying this now.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

This is slight ot but something i learned today that i never realized. When the temp outside is above your body temp then your body gains in temp and it is the same as having a fever. Yesterday, here, was 105 at 6:30 when i quit in the shop. I couldn't focus or concentrate nothin. At noon i had gone to the gym and did a core workout, showered and comeback clean and ready to work. In 10 minutes i was just a mess again. A little while ago i was talkin with an oldtimer - this is relative, im early 60s' and hes' way older - he said it was because the outside temp is higher than your body temp. And that turned on the light bulb! of course!
                      A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

After six weeks on the stationary bike, I decided to try the treadmill for my cardio. Switched back and forth between a fast walk and just breaking into a jog for 20 minutes. Man it felt good to run again! I was a little wobbly here and there and almost fell on my face a couple times, but didn't stop. Wasn't even that winded afterwards, a little sore that night but nothing out of the ordinary. Well, now I'm on day three of barely being able to walk. I look like an 80 year old man hobbling around. Stupid friggin arthritis. Taking a few days off to let myself heal. This sucks.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                          After six weeks on the stationary bike, I decided to try the treadmill for my cardio. Switched back and forth between a fast walk and just breaking into a jog for 20 minutes. Man it felt good to run again! I was a little wobbly here and there and almost fell on my face a couple times, but didn't stop. Wasn't even that winded afterwards, a little sore that night but nothing out of the ordinary. Well, now I'm on day three of barely being able to walk. I look like an 80 year old man hobbling around. Stupid friggin arthritis. Taking a few days off to let myself heal. This sucks.
                          I'm no professional but i think the pain and soreness is your body healing and improving itself. I bet you are adding years of quality life to your living. We all know guys that use joint problems as an excuse for not excersizing and they just get more miserable every day.
                          A Carter Carb Shop, sales and service

Comment

I've never been a guy who enjoys exercise. Never got a runner's high - none of that. But now that my body's a mess (reduced lung function, 3/4 of a heart (left wall is dead) etc. etc.) I really CAN'T do much. After a flight of stairs I have to rest and let my heart catch up (re-oxygenate my blood). My workout was always just working - building something (shops, mostly), working in said shops, etc., but that's not as easy as it used to be although I still do as much as I can.

So when I had the operation in November I lost quite a bit of weight and I decided to keep it up. So I'm down 22 lbs and currently holding. I've made lunch my big meal and eat sparingly for breakfast and dinner and I'm at least holding my own and maybe losing a little. But I haven't been on the scale since returning from vacation but I think I'm still doing OK.

Dan

Comment

Keep at it Dan, feels good being lighter doesn't it?

oj this may be healing of some kind (or even just the joints getting used to the impact of running again), but it's definitely not an excuse to stop. I'm just taking enough time to let my hips and knees recover a bit. I'm on my feet all day at work, if I can't walk I can't work. No work = I'm screwed big time, I can't jeopardize that so I'm not pushing it. Gonna go back to the stationary bike and work in some smaller jaunts on the treadmill once a week or so to see how I handle it. I feel better than I have in years, no way I'm stopping now. I'm still learning what I can and can't do, this is just a minor setback. Still blows though, I was starting to hum along pretty good.
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

I secrewd up on Saturday afternoon. I was doing weights and was working my bi and back when I decided to do some clean presses. I knew I couldnt do a traditional clean press so I just used a 30 pound barbell. I was doing well untill I started to fatigue a bit and hyperextended my pack on a press....been limping since...4 sets it too many...3 sets is fine...still finding what I can and cant do, just sucks when I find out what I cant.

Comment

Working...
                                X