No announcement yet.

MP3 Vs Ipod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipod is just apple's brand of MP3 player (using proprietary software that is free)
    If you want simple, it will work for you once you know how to use the software. Advantage being that many things are built Ipod ready (proper plug, etc)

Generic MP3 players can do everything an Ipod can, generally are less expensive and don't need apple's software. You would still need software for ripping CD's to MP3's however (which can be found free on the internet)

Do you have a smartphone? I've got an Iphone and an Android based phone, those are all I use for MP3's anymore. (have an Ipod Shuffle around somewhere but haven't used it in ages)

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
      Go here, put the URL of your favorite YouTube song(video) in the box, hit convert video and it will convert the YouTube video into a MP3..........

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
      so you get a downgraded version of a song that was already downgraded once? If you like the music to be even poorer quality than the normal MP3's this would work great.

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3100truck View Post
        so you get a downgraded version of a song that was already downgraded once? If you like the music to be even poorer quality than the normal MP3's this would work great.
        I usually go all out, I find an old scratched up 45, play it on my jukebox, and take a video of it. Then I compress the video a bunch, and load it to youtube where it gets compressed some more. THEN I'll do the youtube-mp3 conversion thingy.

It's just like listening to an old AM radio with a torn speaker.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          I usually go all out, I find an old scratched up 45, play it on my jukebox, and take a video of it. Then I compress the video a bunch, and load it to youtube where it gets compressed some more. THEN I'll do the youtube-mp3 conversion thingy.

It's just like listening to an old AM radio with a torn speaker.
          Don't forget to put the speaker you are playing it on in some water as well, that helps

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3100truck View Post
            Wouldn't it depend on the quality of the video?? and if it is HD quality video are you really going to hear the difference?? I don't know, I just know of that site...... For myself I use FrostWire for my MP3 downloads...............

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              so who's gonna explain to groucho how to rip CDs and then save them in a folder or library, then copy them to the mp3 player over the usb cable?

How about an 8 track?
              I... ummm... well @#$!, this is going to be fun.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Haven't you guys been reading his first post? He's a got a friend who will help him with that. Must a very good friend I suppose

I usually rip all my songs from YouTube. The music I like is old enough that I don't have to care much for it's quality.
                My Firefox browser has an extention added where you get to see a download-button on YouTube-pages. This will save the clip to any format I like, also mp3.
                I add the mp3s to my iTunes* library and then sync my iPhone. In the garage I hook up the phone to an external speakerset and hit play. Done!

You got that so far Grouch?

*iTunes on a Mac works way better than on a Dos-box I've learned.
                www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Windows Media Player has options to rip CDs and a Sync tab to load songs to the mp3 players. I've used it for both just to see how it works, and it's fairly easy to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
                    Windows Media Player has options to rip CDs and a Sync tab to load songs to the mp3 players. I've used it for both just to see how it works, and it's fairly easy to figure out.
                    That's what I use
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                    X